shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this round brilliant sound?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I am considering purchasing this diamond and any educated opinions would be very appreciated. This is the info I have:

1.73 carats
7.73 x 7.79 x 4.69
Depth 60.4%
Table 59%
Girdle Medium to slightly thick
culet none
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
VS1
color F
flourescence none

Thanks in advance.
35.gif

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
Do you have any reports or can you have a sarin run on it? As you can see on quite a few threads around here, the statistics that you have given so far can lead to really good or just okay. Unfortunately, most GIA stuff out there, which is what I think you took this data from, don''t have all the data needed to numbercrunch a stone (though supposedly they will in the relatively near future). Also, have you seen the diamond in question? If so, what were your thoughts? That''s probably the most major thing that can happen as your opinion is the one that matters the most.

Then again, you wanted an "educated opinion" and who am I to give that?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you may find the information here helpful in deciding what to look for in a stone.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that you can see the difference in cut quality, but as long as a stone is eye-clean, you can''t tell the difference in clarity with your unaided eye.

This 1.75 F SI1 H&A stone will look bigger and sparkle more than your stone. Is clarity that you can''t see worth the sacrifice? It''s up to you, but I recommend making cut a priority. F, G, H or VS1 vs. VS2 . . . it''s all what you can live with. One grade up or down makes a very nominal difference on the appearance of one stone to the next. But the precision of the cut can make a stone look way smaller and duller than it should or sparkle like crazy. Go for the sparkler!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Is a sarin very important? What will it show? Who does this report?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2005 12:37:10 AM
Author: jazmine
the sarin machine will scan the diamond''s proportions,some vendors have them in their store.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2005 12:37:10 AM
Author: jazmine

Sarin (measuring the diamond's angles, really) is suppose to tell you if your stone is as brilliant as round diamonds get or not quite. Most are 'not quite' so some cut quality test is believed to beuseful. Given the high grades and high pricetag, taking some caution about cut sounds reasonable.

This Diamond already went through such reality check... for example.

Hope some of this helps.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2005 11:25:19 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Keep in mind that you can see the difference in cut quality, but as long as a stone is eye-clean, you can''t tell the difference in clarity with your unaided eye.

This 1.75 F SI1 H&A stone will look bigger and sparkle more than your stone. Is clarity that you can''t see worth the sacrifice? It''s up to you, but I recommend making cut a priority. F, G, H or VS1 vs. VS2 . . . it''s all what you can live with. One grade up or down makes a very nominal difference on the appearance of one stone to the next. But the precision of the cut can make a stone look way smaller and duller than it should or sparkle like crazy. Go for the sparkler!

I have seen the actual stone that phoenixgirl mentions IN PERSON. It is beautiful. Just wanted to add that.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results