shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this ring sound?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sgm24

Rough_Rock
1.20 Carart- Princess Cut
Clarity- VVS2
Color- F
Measurements- 5.84x5.63x4.15mm
Depth-73.7%
Table- 76%
Gridle- Thin to Thick
Culet- None
Polish- Excellent
Symmetry- Very Good
Fluorescence- None
Set in Platinum

How much should I expect to pay and is this a good stone?

Thanks for the help

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone should be around 6.5K (although less is possible, since this is not a premium cut). The setting? What is it? It could be anything from 300 to 30000, what do I know? A simple solitaire should be about 500 but not more than 1000 (depending on what 'simple' means) and from there ???

About the cut: there is not much to tell given the available info. I'd rather have it below 70% depth, and with the table % less than it's depth %. More details on what the industry considers a fine cut you can find under the "fancy shapes" link on PS's first page.

All in all, this is not bad: it looks like one of the better commercial cuts. Princesses are usually overly deap, so they look rather small relative to their ideal cut RBC peers of same weight. However, I'd pass and look for a better option unless a) either this has tremendous sparkle as is 9and this is not common) or b) the price gives me a good reason to keep this. Of course, I have no idea at this point about what makes a diamond great for you...

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results