shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this OEC look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
There are no specs on this diamond beyond .49 G SI1, so you'll have to judge from the pics which I know is not a great way to judge a diamond. But do you think this will be a pretty sparkly diamond in person? Or is it a dull dog?

EDITED -image removed to protect from scarfing lurkers ;-)

While the ring is less than our current budget, I really like the look of it. Besides I wouldn't mind having that extra money spent on a matching channel set diamond band.
31.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks good!!! and that is the ONLY way to judge an Old Euro-Cut...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LOVE it!
18.gif

wow...beautiful...
30.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the picture it looks like it is beautiful. Personally, I think OEC's are quite stunning. Well cut OEC's have such large flashes of fire and scinitillation than more modern cuts. But they have to be well cut, otherwise they look really dull with dark spaces. My mother's OEC is beautiful and when I compare it my new RB, my pet rock sparkles more, but her OEC has larger flashes.

Anyway, I hope it looks as nice in person as the picture indicates.

Best wishes.........

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so hard to tell from pictures alone, but I see a plump crown height and looks white enough from the sides. Since this is a replica setting, Leigh might be able to tell you more about the OEC since it was a loose stone that he set into the mounting. Sorry I can''t help you much more than that. It''s hard to see the faceting since the picture isn''t close up enough.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I feel so much better having your feedback. I did email Leigh and he said that it's nice and sparkly. Also it's eyeclean. The kicker is that it's already the perfect size! (well it would be if my ring finger hadn't swelled up and gotten stiff, possibly from ring deprivation!)
I emailed my bf a pleading email about it, and I'll just have to hope that a) he's not having a bad day (which would be a miracle), and b) he actually reads the email before the thing is sold. And if I find out a PSer lurker has gone after it I'll hunt him/her down with a butter knife!
I really really want that ring. Can you tell?
2.gif

Heh, I always said that our limited budget didn't matter to me, I guess the proof is in the pudding. This ring costs as much as he had save last fall! And it just makes me want it more. Anyone have St. Jude candles?

ETA: Leigh seemed a bit offended that I would think he'd put a diamond in one of his rings that wasn't well-cut and sparkly.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really, really pretty! Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results