shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this marquise look :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am looking at this stone and would like feedback on the look.

9.99 X 5.17 X 3.32 I/SI2 eye clean

26411.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2006 9:12:05 AM
Author:woobug02
I am looking at this stone and would like feedback on the look.

9.99 X 5.17 X 3.32 I/SI2 eye clean
I am no expert on Marquis cuts Woo, but if you want an opinion for what it's worth I think it's a very lovely diamond - looks sparkly and clean to me
30.gif
30.gif
Might just me the pic but I can see a little hint of the I colour, but I love that in a diamond. Have you seen this one?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I can definitely see some color but I''m not sure if its just because of the picture...other than that it looks very sparkly and very eyeclean!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :) How do you think this would look as a replacement for my current H/I I2 11.50 X 5.75 stone. I am then going to send that stone to WINK for a possible recut as a pear (major flaws are all on one end). Do you think I will see a big difference in size ??? i too noticed a little color but I have 7 days to return it if it comes and I don''t like it. Here is my current set and the GIA cer

11MARQ.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Stone I want to upgrade in Clarity and then send for a recut to a PEAR with WINK :

0622S.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new Marquis will be a little shorter and wider - about 1 mm shorter in fact - you may notice some difference but that may be compensated by the lovely new diamond itself and the increased width, the two diamonds seem quite different and it is hard to compare - just see if you love the new one!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I have no expertise in marquise cuts, but it looks nice from the picture. I''m looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you see it in person!

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Your potential new stone has a very nice look to it--especially the shape. The length-to-width ratio is pleasing to the eye (for me at least). I did notice a warm tone to the color, but I''m not sure how much of that was the lighting. The color does seem even throughout, instead of more concentrated at the ends. I agree that you would probably notice the size difference from your current stone. If this one speaks to you more than your current stone, I''d go for it! I hope this helps.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the picture the stone definitely has potential. You can''t tell anything about the color because it''s clearly off - no I is that shade in real life so the color is off in the picture. I can''t tell if it''s just the way the stone is tilted in the pic but the left point looks different (more rounded) than the right, but again, it may be the tilt. Definitely worth a look - but find out what the inclusion is on the bottomside of one of the points (see plot) - I''d definitely want to know what the nature of that is, so close to the tip.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s not to like!

Marqs have this bad reputation for being less brilliant, but really - many of them are not as bright as the cut can be anyway. That saying is more an excuse for not so hot cut, than true in general for any marquise.

Any chance you would try The Scope ?

On the lab report there is an inclusion right on a tip - what''s up with that? If you are ''on line'' with Wink anyway, you could ask whether such a thing could be a problem. I''m not saying it is, and could not without taking a look at that stone. Probably the seller would have warned you if there was a problem, but it can''t hurt to ask
2.gif

Btw. is the new marquise from Wink as well? I know they have a taste for beautiful marqs and some time ago, this picture below was Wink''s example of what difference cut makes among marquise diamonds - literally, one could be the worst I''ve seen (didn''t have the bad luck to meet such a scarecrow in person!)
32.gif
and the other among the finest.

''Thought you''d find this interesting:

ScaryMarq.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Love the shape, looks just like mine
2.gif
. There does seem to be an obvious bow tie (at least in this pic).

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, here are some more shots.... After seeing those WINK Shots maybe should just wait and send mine for recut ..... WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

2648851-3.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOO last one. :)

Where did you get the WINK Marquise shot????

2648851-2.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
A little off topic...but these are marquises too and quite ''fat'' ones they are! Its called the Calla Cut I saw it in a bridal magazine awhile back and thought they were pretty...I don''t guess they cut big ones though but anyway here''s a pic and the website. www.callacut.com

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regarding the calla cut, I brought it up in a thread awhile back (see here), including pictures. An interesting idea, but I'd be afraid the tips are even more prone to breakage? Maybe that's why they stick to small ones.

I didn't bring up the bowtie factor before with only the one picture since it seems like dark lighting and most stones show some form of bowtie in one lighting or another, but all the pictures posted now seem to show one - make sure you see this stone in person before you commit (or at least have a return window).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2006 2:22:19 PM
Author: woobug02

Where did you get the WINK Marquise shot?

My Hard Drive ... don''t know where it was from initially. Probably Pricescope or some related conversation (e-mails).
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it even possible to recut a marquis into a pear and how much loss of carat weight would that be? Seems like alot to change the shape entirely?

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

small_Marquise_recut.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you for that great info on the recut :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results