shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this IdealScope Image look to you knowledgable folks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StanberrysINT

Rough_Rock
How would you categorize the leaking?

- Significant/High leaking
- Moderate
- Negligible (Buy the sucker!)
- Other

Can post specs if it makes a difference, but wanted to see the responses without doing so first.

Thanks!
1.gif

ideal_12345_scope.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normal leakage.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
first.. im not an expert
as just another consumer like yourself i would say the leakage on this stone is slight/negligible. looks like there is a little (really slight) misalignment, but probably nothing.

StanberrysINT

Rough_Rock
Julie, thanks for the quick response. Would you say "normal" for a AGS IDeal 0?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes. normal for a well cut stone.

StanberrysINT

Rough_Rock
Alvlis, Yes I noticed the "misalignment" too. Wonder if that flaw would truly fit within the AGS 0 like the cert says.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 5:51:54 PM
Author: StanberrysINT
Alvlis, Yes I noticed the ''misalignment'' too. Wonder if that flaw would truly fit within the AGS 0 like the cert says.
yes and worse woould be allowed.
optical symmetry is not directly graded.
Also it looks like one set of pavilion facets may have been yawed resulting in the distortion.
A heart photo would confirm it.
A sarin scan based grading system might not even see it. (ags uses sarin scans fed into their software for grading)

StanberrysINT

Rough_Rock
Also it looks like one set of pavilion facets may have been yawed resulting in the distortion.

Is that as bad as it sounds?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 6:13:31 PM
Author: StanberrysINT

Is that as bad as it sounds?
no not really in this case.
Its enough that it will likely make one heart smaller and distort the heart pattern but its still likley near h&a.
The only way to tell for sure is a heart image.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
If it were my money, i would :

1. Run it through an ASET

2. Request a Sarin or Helium Scan

3. Run the numbers through the HCA

4. If you like the numbers look over it in person, if you''re happy with it, purchase the stone. You can get all the idealscope images, ASET images, and scans in the world, but if it doesn''t sing to your eyes with fire, brillance, and scintillation in person, don''t buy the stone. There are stones that don''t look good on paper, but look awesome in person. Call the stone in for personal scrutiny.

5. Send it to an appraiser who isn''t affilated with a store that sells stones (independent appraiser). I hear Richard Sherwood is awesome, also Roc Doc. If he conclude it''s a good stone and looks good to your eyes, IT''S A KEEPER. CHERRY PICK YOUR STONES. Scans, HCA, ASET, And etc. are all tools meant to weed the the duds form the superstars. Your eye will be the final judge. trust me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results