shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this diamond look ???????????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing this diamond through whiteflash.com and I wanted some advice on the image. The sarin report and ideal scope are on the way but I just wanted to know what you guys think about the image.

The specs of the diamond are:
Weight- .96
Measurements- 5.61 x 5.55 x 3.90
Depth- 70%
Table- 73%
Girdle- M-STK
Culet- None
Polish- VG
Symmetry- G
Fluorescence- None
Clarity- VS1
Color- F

At the center bottom of the diamond there appears to be some white blemishes and I was wondering if that is from the actual diamond or just from taking the picture.

diamond2.jpg

Thanks

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
I just got the ideal scope and sarin report. Can you guys please help me analyze them to determine if I should purchase the diamond.

ideal.jpg

SARIN.gif

Thanks

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Ideal scope

ideal.jpg

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
sarin report

SARIN.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
eh. I like the actual look of the stone in the picture...but then again, pictures can be taken to flatter. There seems to be quite a bit of light leakage and that's a very low crown. But then again, the actual stone looks pretty.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Yes I noticed the low crown also but the stone is $1,000 under my budget of $5,000. So I’m willing to make some sacrifices.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great to me, and the two pictures are actually so close
2.gif

This should be brilliant - literally.

Now, I wanted to comment a bit on those pictures, so here goes. I really think the black and white picture is very realistic and easier to understand than the Scope. Hope someone more knowledgeable will chime in to tell the right from wrong.

It appears the stone has been turned 90 degrees between the Iscope and the camera setting - so I turned then back below. The reflectors in the Iscope picture correspond to dark areas (in blue circles) since the stone should have been in the shadow of the camera. And the somewhat weaker light return on the crossed side relative to the one across the center of the stone, shows as a less bright ( = with fewer white specs) area in the picture too.

Of curse picture can be easily doctored, but this one seems true to nature - so much so that it could probably be used instead of Ideal Scope
2.gif
I think...

TwoPicsRBW.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results