shape
carat
color
clarity

How does one propose???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond boy

Rough_Rock
I''m a bit of a rookie in this subject. Can anyone shed some insight on this subject or some good ideas? I am going to pop the Q. very soon. we have been together for 5 years this month. How should I do it???
love.gif
naughty.gif
read.gif
wavey.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Make Her Your Leading Lady
Arrange for a local movie theater to play a video tape of you before the feature, telling her how much she means to you and asking if she’ll marry you. In front of hundreds of adoring fans, present her with the diamond.

The Fortune of a Lifetime
Steam a fortune cookie until it’s malleable. Open the cookie, place the ring inside with a note telling her how she’ll be loved by you forever.

Time Capsule of Love
Make a box of “sort-of-real” mementos of all your best dates. For example, a swizzle stick, a movie stub, etc. At the bottom of the box place the engagement ring.

Summer Lovin’
Take her for a long walk on the beach. With the help of a good friend, have a special area set up with flowers, champagne, a few pieces from a small orchestra and a proposal written in the sand. You can tuck the ring into your swim trunks to keep it a surprise (just don’t go for a dip before you pop the question).

A Real Page Turner
Scan the cover of a romance novel into your computer and superimpose your pictures. Cut out a hole in the book and put the diamond ring in it.

Cosmic Commute
Buy some ad space on signs on her route to work and on each one ask her if she’ll marry you. Be waiting for her in her parking space where she works with flowers, a ring and a good excuse for her to call in sick that day.

Masterpiece of Romance
Ask a local museum if they would put the ring on display with a display card reading that this was the very ring used by you on that particular day to ask her to be your bride.

from, adif

kirk

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
don't make it hard or over think it, i made it simple, we play in a pool league on thursday nights, so i got the ring set, picked it up on thursday, showed my mom when i got home, later that night i asked her dad for her hand, she stayed at my house, got up friday morning after we were dressed for work i walked in nelt by the bed said this isn't very romantic but will you marry, she said yes we went to work, she showed off, we went out to eat and it was done, two weeks later she is halfway through planning the wedding, fyi we were also together for five years, notice the "she showed off" part, i elected not to wait until the weeked or friday night because i figured she would die if she had to wait until monday to show off at work, but anyway, enjoy the moment, it will hopefully be the last time it happens good luck!!!
Jason

The Grudge

Rough_Rock
I'm popping the question on Saturday. I'm proposing in Newport, RI on the Cliff Walk. Its a walkway that overlooks the ocean that was the site of our first date.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I took my lady out to dinner (no big deal). After dinner, on the way home, I stopped at the Wall of Water fountain here in Houston. It is all lighted at night and many couples hang around holding hands. While we were stopped and looking at the water it slipped the ring on her finger and asked her. She had tears in her eyes and said YES! I love a plan that comes together. Two months later, I took her to Hawaii and tied the knot. Love is good!

diamond boy

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys for your excellent ideas. They are very helpfull.
9.gif

Guru

Rough_Rock
Diamond boy, am doing it this weekend myself. I have something rather complex set up, but thats what I wanted to do, so this may not help you. In short, I have set up a a series of clues (scavenger hunt, I guess you could call it), that will begin at 10:30 am, and eventually lead to a hotel and a plush suite in downtown Chi town (I have transportation set up as well) where she will get the final clue, where in I will enter the room and pop the question. Then we will head over to her fav restaurant, and then end the nite soaking in the 450ft jacuzzi in our suite
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
......I am kind of making it a small getaway.....

I just didnt like the idea of coming back to our apt the same nite, I wanted it to be somehting nice and memorable....I will let you know the details next week
2.gif

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I have read some very good ideas. The one I really liked, and have put my own personal touches on is to hand you woman 3 roses and talk about each one (one at a time) 1 white(your past love) 1 pink (your present love) (then get on one knee) and hand her the 1 red (your future love). Attached to the red rose will be the engagement ring on a ribbon. You can hide the ring in your hand so she doesnt see it until your done with whatever you would like to say to her.

I am not sure if I will do this because we will be in New York when I propose. I am taking her to stay the Millenium Broadway 4 star hotel in Times Square. (Howire.com for a CRAZY $105 a night! - email me for more details). She is from Poland, and really wants to experience NY, so I will probably do it on the top of the Empire State Building in the old fashion traditional way, which I think would be just as special for her. She had nothing as a child, so just being there, staying in such luxury will be incredibly special. She is the most unspoiled sweetest woman I have ever met...anyway..I am getting a little sappy now...

Later,
J.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I've heard of many elaborate schemes
There are books and advice on the net
But look in her eyes and speak from your heart
It's a moment she'll never forget !

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

diamond boy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone else have any good ideas about the ultimate question? I like to hear lots of ideas and create the best senario from the goods. thanks for everyones help!
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results