shape
carat
color
clarity

How does moissanite compare to diamond?

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
I bought and returned some h&a round and oec moissanites sold by a popular vendor. The ones I bought did not have enough contrast in daylight that they looked milky/blurry and appeared to lack depth.

Would you be comfortable sharing what vendor you used? I am trying to narrow down between ENV by JYB, Joseph Schubach, August Vintage and Love Affair Diamonds (by Erica). I really want to avoid something that's milky/blurry and lacking depth.

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
Would you be comfortable sharing what vendor you used? I am trying to narrow down between ENV by JYB, Joseph Schubach, August Vintage and Love Affair Diamonds (by Erica). I really want to avoid something that's milky/blurry and lacking depth.

While I don’t feel comfortable sharing the name, I can confirm that the vendor I purchased from is not on your list =)2

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wink once got permission to share jewels in his (and his wife’s) personal collection... would you be able to do that, maybe?

I know this night be threadjacking a bit...but I read this and my eyes went :eek2::eek2:..it would be super cool to see Wink' s personal collection! As it was probably before my PS days (or PS daze as i sometimes call it...)...i wonder if anyone coukd point me in the direction of what must be the coolest collection ever?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will try to remember!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a green moissanite.
Not the best pic but you get the idea.

IMG_2365.JPG
Wow! Would you share the vendor? Most green look oddly cut, but yours is quite lovely.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Would you share the vendor? Most green look oddly cut, but yours is quite lovely.

Thank you. :mrgreen2:
I actually bought it preloved off of loupe troop a few years ago. The seller didn’t specify where it was from.

Stevie G

Rough_Rock
hi guys

Quick question - how does a moissanite compare looks-wise to a diamond? Was thinking of getting a rose cut or emerald cut moissanite but what I worry is that you won’t get the same fire and lustre you get with a diamond.

Anyone have personal experience with one?

Thanks

As someone has already mentioned, find the thread for "fabulous fashion jewellery"...there is loads about Moissanite. I fell into the same problem yesterday regarding talking about man made gems on here.
Good luck and happy hunting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results