shape
carat
color
clarity

How does it work -- stone/setting and different vendors.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
How does it work if you buy your stone from one vendor, but buy your setting from another?

Say I buy a stone through Leon Mege, but buy my setting thru GOG. Does LM send the stone directly to GOG and then GOG sends the stone to Tacori?

I know GOG and ERD have great reps for their stones (and many people buying them sight unseen) and I know LM has a great rep for his settings, but has anyone purchased a stone from LM sight unseen?

I am on the West Coast so my entire purchasing experience will be all online!

Thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can indeed have LM send the stone straight to GOG to have them get Tacori to set it. You might need your own insurance for the stone/setting though since it is from a third vendor.

Before going through that trouble you could ask GOG about sourcing you a cushion from the same sources LM uses. They might price match on those stones. The generic chunky cushions appear to my eye to be very similar that are offered from LM and from ERD and I think are available to numerous vendors.

I can't think of anyone here who only bought a stone but can't see why not. I have read that LM gives good prices on rocks but perhaps not as good when you are not also buying a setting from him. I have heard of people buying based only on photos from LM and they seem happy. I think he can also give you a video. I personally would want more and would choose ERD or GOG for that reason, but you may feel differently.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, Dreamer!

I have been emailing with GOG so I will be sure to ask them about other cushions. I had fallen in absolute love with their AVC's and AVR's, but they are just too out of my budget. :( Maybe one day!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Spesh2011.

I was considering an antique cushion from Leon/Perry and an AVC from GOG. The AVC won out for me, but only after I purchased it and had it sent to me to look at in person. If I didn't like the color of the stone and decided to go with Leon/Perry's stone, I think I would have also just purchased their diamond and had that one sent to me as well. Leon/Perry does provide pictures, certificates and a video though so that may help you. For me, I felt like since I was making such a big purchase I really needed to see the stone with my own eyes. I would have kicked myself if I spent all that money and was disappointed. That being said, I think many there are others on PS who have relied on the eye of some of the most respected vendors to pick a beautiful diamond and have been lucky.

Now that I have the stone I love I am getting ready to send it out to another vendor for setting. I am in the process of obtaining insurance for the stone while it is being set. Then I will mail it USPS registered mail insured for the full amount of the diamond. I know this is a few extra steps in the process, but to me it is worth it so I won't look back with any regrets.

Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results