shape
carat
color
clarity

How does everyone feel about mixing metal colors...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

love rocks

Rough_Rock
i.e. platinum ring and gold necklace or watch, or gold rings, white gold/silver necklace, watch, etc...

Is this considered tacky?

Should you generally stick to one color and wear multiple jewelry pieces only if they are the same metal color?

Thanks for your advice!
rodent.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I prefer to stick to all of them being the same colour, unless the some of the pieces you are wearing are two toned, then anything goes anywhere. Others say it is a personal preference.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
mix and match if it looks good to you.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
it is all a matter of taste of course.. I will only wear white gold.. just don't like the way yellow looks on me... My mother however, wears all her white gold jewelery on one hand, and yellow gold on the other.. i think that works well for her.. i am sure everyone has different opinions.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate yellow gold so Id never mix. Id only do Silver, Plat and sometimes White gold (necklace or earrings, NEVER a ring). YG look just fine on me (redhead) I just dislike it.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Mixing metals is fine so long as there is some order too it. I have seen some very nice mixed metals done and it works fine...the occasional person who has every ring that can fit on there finger in every color just looks tacky. But that usualy seems to be pawn shop buyers So long as there is a general theme it looks good. Of course mixing metals can be fun and look great...but then again I am biased as I make mokume.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I mix metals all the time. I absolutely ADORE yellow gold, but my wedding set is in platinum. I also have some silver pieces. Also, my grandmother's diamond earrings that I inherited are in yellow gold. The only metal that I will not wear is white gold because my skin reacts negatively to that.

I mix metals a lot, but I don't really mix stones. Most of my jewelery is diamonds (very small jewelery collection........for now!) So, even though the metals are mixed, the stones match from piece to piece.

I think you should wear what looks good to you. People start to look funny when they try to follow rules too much, instead of just going with what you think looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results