shape
carat
color
clarity

How does a pentagon cut perform?

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of having a piece made with a pentagon cut as the central stone. I haven't found many good images of this cut.

Any expert or enthusiast's opinion (or images) of how this cut performs?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I can't answer your question - no doubt it depends on the faceting pattern and the angles. You would have to check the actual stone.

But I'm interested in what you are planning to do with a pentagon stone. I ask because I have a tourmaline pentagon that I bought because it looked cool, but I'm a bit puzzled at how to set it.
Pentagon.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wait, I'll call Biden.

cheers--Sharon

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
I can't answer your question - no doubt it depends on the faceting pattern and the angles. You would have to check the actual stone.

But I'm interested in what you are planning to do with a pentagon stone. I ask because I have a tourmaline pentagon that I bought because it looked cool, but I'm a bit puzzled at how to set it.
Pentagon.jpg

That is beautiful. My plan for the cut is for it to serve as the center of particular design I'm working on with quite a few other stones being incorporated around it. Still really conceptual at the moment!

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was thinking of having a piece made with a pentagon cut as the central stone. I haven't found many good images of this cut.

Any expert or enthusiast's opinion (or images) of how this cut performs?

Please find Pentagon design with high Optical performance
you can rotate the model and see images in different positions and different lights

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 14.01.44.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results