shape
carat
color
clarity

How do your layered necklaces not get tangled?

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
This may not fall in the Rocky Talky category, so my apologies if so, but for those of you who wear multiple necklaces, how do you keep them from getting tangled ALL.DAY.LONG.?? It drives me crazy and defeats the purpose of wearing more than one every day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may not fall in the Rocky Talky category, so my apologies if so, but for those of you who wear multiple necklaces, how do you keep them from getting tangled ALL.DAY.LONG.?? It drives me crazy and defeats the purpose of wearing more than one every day.

@lovetodream If you hit the report concern button you can ask the moderator to move this question to the Hangout section. You’ll get answers there. Mine tangle all the time too.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Mine don't tangle. My biggest issue is having a stationary pendant ride up my neck so it's not centered.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have 2 necklaces i've been wearing together recently & bought an extender to hook them both onto. stays really well but it's still a pain when i want to take it off because it's all joined together.

there are also a lot of layering clasp options out there if you don't mind silver or gold-plated base metal.

1627415218005.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Layered necklaces look cute on models, but are not realistic or practical. That look is just for show.
In reality, they twist and look awful.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure they look awful if sitting nicely but if tangled they do. i think it is difficult to keep them layered the way you want. some may have better luck.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a discovery when I got my WF pearl station rope... A thicker chain tangles infinitely less!! With itself and with other chains! No more gnarly knots to pick out!

I don’t know that a thick chain is a detangling panacea but it sure can’t hurt...

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I made a discovery when I got my WF pearl station rope... A thicker chain tangles infinitely less!! With itself and with other chains! No more gnarly knots to pick out!

I don’t know that a thick chain is a detangling panacea but it sure can’t hurt...

Yeah, I tried to get a somewhat thicker plain chain but I can wear platinum only because of allergies and 1) they are super hard to find and 2) they are super expensive.

@bludiva, I may try a silver one of those. I have super short hair and wondered how that would look on the back on my neck, but BECAUSE I have super short hair, I love the idea of layered necklaces. Maybe it's like @stracci2000 says - only good for pictures on models (or those with LOVELY tennis necklaces to be part of the layering....hmmm.....maybe I need one of those.....)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I tried to get a somewhat thicker plain chain but I can wear platinum only because of allergies and 1) they are super hard to find and 2) they are super expensive.

@bludiva, I may try a silver one of those. I have super short hair and wondered how that would look on the back on my neck, but BECAUSE I have super short hair, I love the idea of layered necklaces. Maybe it's like @stracci2000 says - only good for pictures on models (or those with LOVELY tennis necklaces to be part of the layering....hmmm.....maybe I need one of those.....)

i think the decorative ones like these look pretty but haven't' tried one personally

1627494862945.png

these look the least obtrusive imho, just looks like a double clasp

1627494915616.png

mine is the typical extender

Belledenuit7

Rough_Rock
Personally, I think it's a question of combining chains that differ in thickness. First I had two similarly thick necklaces (the solitaire on the picture and another tiny diamond necklace) and they were tangled all the time. Now I "live in" these two (they only come off for cleaning), and the upper one being much thinner, they honestly never get tangled.
I also think it would work when combining different types of chains, e.g. Singapore + Venetian.
In any case I just love wearing two, occasionally three, it looks more modern in my opinion =)2.

20210828_142228.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results