shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wear your rings?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
This has been something I've been thinking about for awhile, so I thought I'd ask to see what others do/think. For those of you who own multiple rings, how and when do you decide to wear them?

I'm a "one ring on each hand" kind of girl so currently, my e-ring is on my left and on my right middle finger, I wear a seed pearl and sapphire ring. I'm in the process of getting a diamond RHR made, so with there rings in the mix, I've been debating how to wear these. I'm not someone who changes out my rings, and to me, rings are deeply sentimental. Obviously the e-ring will stay on my left hand, but on my right, I don't know how I feel about wearing my RHR and my seed pearl ring next to each other at the same time. The seed pearl is not at all monetarily valuable - it's sterling silver, marcasite, and two tiny sapphires, none of which I think are great quality, and I'm pretty sure it was purchased off of Amazon. However, it is hugely sentimental to me. It was the first "big" gift FI bought me when we started dating, and it was a symbol that he was serious about me. It's also both of our birthstones (I'm a June baby, he's September), so while I know it's not top notch quality, I love the symbolism of it. I kind of can't imagine NOT wearing it, but I don't think it'll look right wearing it next to my RHR either. My RHR is, I guess, less sentimental than the seed pearl ring, but it still has some sentimental value, and I certainly plan to wear it daily.

In the far future, I would also like to have a mother's ring (after, of course, I actually have kids). I would also one day LOVE to own a 1-2ct old cut diamond (not as an e-ring upgrade though...I'm too sentimental to even consider upgrading my e-ring). And because I'm so in love with sapphires, I suspect I will also be adding a sapphire ring into the mix at some point. We're talking many moons away here so obviously nothing I need to concern myself with now, but that would add even more rings into the mix.

When I was in high school and college, I used to wear I think 5 rings on different fingers at the same time, but as I've gotten older, I've really favored the more simple look of one ring on each hand. Still, I'm so stuck on sentimental value that at the moment, I'm leaning towards wearing the RHR and seed pearl ring on my right hand, next to each other on my ring and middle fingers and hope that I get used to the look and feeling. In my heart of hearts, I know that when I eventually get to the point where I'm creating a mother's ring and/or if I do acquire my dream 1-2ct old cut diamond, the seed pearl ring will likely be phased out of regular wearing, but right now, I'm still super sentimental about wearing it...

So, what do you all do when you have more than two rings to wear (that aren't stackers)? Do you wear multiple rings on the same hand, different fingers? Switch them out? And if you switch them out, do you have any "reasoning/criteria" for when you wear what?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't stand the idea of wearing rings on adjoining fingers (as in side by side). The rubbing would make me nuts. When I see it on other people, I get that whole nails on a chalkboard thing. For you, it would be one of those things where you could rotate them in and out. One day wear the middle finger ring, the other wear the RHR. OR wear both, if that doesn't bug you.

For ME personally, IF I wear any jewelry at all, as far as rings go I just wear my ering, spacer and one of my two diamond wedding bands on my left ring finger. I wear no rings on my right hand ever.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Do you currently wear a pendant? If not, would the seed pearl ring look pretty on a chain? I have tried wearing both ring finger & middle finger rings, it felt odd so I couldn't pull it off. I rotate my rings so each gets worn very regularly.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear two rings on each hand, on both ring fingers and both middle fingers.
I always wear 4 rings total. I keep the metals(yellow gold, white gold or sterling) the same on each hand.

I love big bold looks, and will wear rings that others might consider gaudy!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear less at once than I used to. But I enjoy wearing multiples. For work I just wear my wedding set b/c I'm dealing w/preschoolers and changing diapers and sometimes working w/a feeding tube so I don't like to wear a lot. When we go someplace, I wear my wedding set and then on my left middle I have a hammered silver band and a twisted silver band made by a PSer friend that I stack. On my right, when my fingers aren't so swollen I have my chryso semi bezel on my ring finger and a channel set baguette/round band on my middle. Lately I have not been wearing my chryso and have instead been wearing a sapphire and diamond band on that finger. When I get my chryso reset I will wear it on my ring finger and see about sizing the sapphire/diamond band up so I can stack it on my middle.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input!

Woofmama - I love the idea of wearing the seed pearl ring on a chain! I'm not quite sure if it'll look right, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise, I think I'll try wearing two rings on my right hand and see if I can get used to the look and feel. I love hearing that others rock this look! :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing people wear rings next to each other, especially when some are thin and delicate. It looks so pretty yet casual. I try but then I get all stressed out when the rings are rubbing that I can't enjoy it. If I can find crappy rings that I don't care about messing up, I will do it. Or I will need to buy rings that are different sizes so I can wear them on different fingers. In the end I'm a one finger a hand girl. I may stack on one finger, but usually not more than one finger. However, I am working on changing that.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One ring on each hand person here too.

I normally wear a diamond ring on the middle right hand finger - the small EC for normal day to day wear; and the large EC for grander occasions.

On the left hand, I would either wear a ring on the ring finger or on the middle finger.

As for which ring to wear on the left hand, it depends on the outfit that I am wearing. Some rings are more suited to formal evening events, whereas some are more casual.

I do not like wearing matching sets, and prefer to mix and match.

DK :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a one finger girl. Ring finger on both hands a ring or stack. I'm with Ame rings rubbing together would make me crazy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear only one ring.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
girlyglam|1453156763|3977658 said:
Thanks for the input!

Woofmama - I love the idea of wearing the seed pearl ring on a chain! I'm not quite sure if it'll look right, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise, I think I'll try wearing two rings on my right hand and see if I can get used to the look and feel. I love hearing that others rock this look! :)

Have you tried it yet? Can you post a pic of your ring? If it's a band style it might work.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear one on each hand most of the time. I cannot stand to have rings rub together on adjoining fingers. But I sometimes wear my RH middle finger ring on the pointer because these fingers are the same size. Then I can wear a ring on my RH ring finger at the same time but I don't do this often, although it does look nice without being over the top. I do love a RH thumb ring and ring finger ring though but I usually forget to put the thumb ring on. It is nice that my thumb, pointer, and middle can all take the same size.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One finger on each hand, at most. That may be single or stacked rings, depending on my mood, what I am wearing and what size my fingers decide to be on any particular day (I've been having a lot of fluctuation in that lately.)

I've never been able to get used to wearing rings on adjacent fingers or even individual rings on my index, middle or pinkie fingers.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I only where rings my left ring finger because all my rings fit that finger only (my right hand ring finger is slightly larger). In the future, I plan on also wearing a ring on my right middle finger, at the same time.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Left hand: I only wear my wedding set and watch. I switch my wedding stack around, but never wear any other rings on this hand.

Right hand: I usually wear a ring on my ring finger or middle finger. Sometimes I wear two rings -- one on ring finger and one on pointer finger, but I would never wear rings on neighboring fingers! Like some posters above mentioned, the rubbing would drive me nuts.

Q

Queenie60

Only wear wedding ring on left hand and sometimes a ring on my right ring finger. Never more than this at one time. Most of the time I wear nothing because I am a homemaker and don't wear my jewelry around the house, only earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results