shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wear a horseshoe pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Should the opening be up or down? Currently the opening is down, but the pendant flips when worn on a chain. I thought if it were more appropriate to wear opening up, then I would have a chain soldered to each end of the horseshoe which would also prevent flipping.

Also, what length do you suggest? The pendant itself is about 1/2 inch long with over 1/2 carat oec diamonds. A very pretty vintage piece!

OEChorseshoe.JPG

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:10:04 AM
Author:Upgradable
Should the opening be up or down? Currently the opening is down, but the pendant flips when worn on a chain. I thought if it were more appropriate to wear opening up, then I would have a chain soldered to each end of the horseshoe which would also prevent flipping.

Also, what length do you suggest? The pendant itself is about 1/2 inch long with over 1/2 carat oec diamonds. A very pretty vintage piece!
I really like your pendant.Traditionally the pendant is worn with opening up....so the luck wont run out.I like it either way.In my opinion it should be worn just under the collarbone so it lays flat.If you are going to change the chain then use a link that wont kink...I like a simple but a bit heavier cable style chain.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Jewelerman! I counted the stones today when louping them, and there are thirteen! Maybe it should be worn opening down to let the "bad luck" run out!!
emsmilep.gif

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh, that is so sweet. I love that pendent. I''ve always hear the same. Wear it up so the luck doesn''t run out.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a pretty treasure! Given Jewelerman''s logic AND the flipping, I''d say have the loops soldered on ....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:37:32 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
What a great find! Normally horseshoes are worn open side up so luck doesnt run out! It almost looks as if it may have been a bracelet charm. I''d have to change up the setting and have the o-rings soldered at the top of each of the horseshoes :) On an 18'' chain I think it would be great :)
Just dropped it off at the jeweler and that''s exactly what he''s going to do. I''ll post neck shots when it returns. Thanks for the help!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a pretty piece! You always find the best things. I''m excited to see how it turns out.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:39:39 PM
Author: Upgradable

Date: 2/12/2009 12:37:32 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
What a great find! Normally horseshoes are worn open side up so luck doesnt run out! It almost looks as if it may have been a bracelet charm. I'd have to change up the setting and have the o-rings soldered at the top of each of the horseshoes :) On an 18' chain I think it would be great :)
Just dropped it off at the jeweler and that's exactly what he's going to do. I'll post neck shots when it returns. Thanks for the help!
I love horseshoe pendants! Sounds like a good plan, regarding the o-rings. I have a horseshoe pendant from Tiff (16 inch chain), here is how they did it:

Tiff.horseshoe.omie.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I picked up my pendant this morning. It turned out exactly as I wished!!

IMG_0669.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I chose a 16 inch 18k yellow gold rope chain. I think it gives exactly the vintage feel I was looking for.

IMG_0659a.JPG

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! So pretty!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
One more neckshot, then it''s off to bathe in the gemcare. There is still a bit of gunk under some of the stones.

IMG_0667a.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it with the horse shoe facing up. I think it looks lovely.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Your jeweler did a great job, have fun with it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh.... now it''s clean and showing some fire!

IMG_0673.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the flower shot. You can see the culets in some of the stones!

IMG_0679.JPG

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:40:56 PM
Author: Upgradable
And here''s the flower shot. You can see the culets in some of the stones!
what a gorgeous shot!!! ok ebay goddess, you have to tell me how you find these wonderful treasures! I have spent oodles of time searching and never seem to find anything
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results