shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you think this setting will look with a cushion center?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock

Here I go...flip-flopping....changing my mind....well, possibly!

9.gif
I''m the type of girl you have to give only 3 choices because when there are so many I drive myself crazy!!
26.gif

Ok, this setting is for an oval and I have a cushion, and I would want the halo to hug the stone and accentuate the cushion shape. My diamond has a L to W ratio of 1.14---kinda in the middle of square and rectangular. Anyone out there feeling frisky enough to Photoshop me something? I love the shapes in the band!---but do you think they will go ok with a cushion?

Do you think too much will be going on and distract totally from the center stone? I plan to keep the band and halo as delicate as possible to give the center stone some oomph!!

I appreciate all suggestions and opinions.
Thanks!

setting front2.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
side view:

setting side2.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the pave is delicate enough for it to not overtake the cushion. I like it!

I actually just saw a woman today with a similar setting and I could not take my eyes off of it. Hers was a round brilliant with a halo around it and then an open pave circle on each side of the center stone. And the pave diamonds were teeny tiny, just like this one.

This one is even cooler, in my opinion...very airy and delicate.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a cushion would probably look fine in that setting. I do however suggest trying one on in person or trying things that are similar just to make sure you know you''ll like how the setting actually looks on your hand. big pics and actually rings can look worlds apart..

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go Dianne...

dianne_setting.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh... purty!
18.gif

*M*

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the *idea* of it ... but I can't really picture it on anyone's hand ... and when I try it seems like "too much".

It's not quite "antique" ... and not quite "modern" ... which is why I also fear that it might become dated as part of the early 2000's pave craze.

But if you love it - that's what matters!!

ETA: REALLY think about what kind of wedding band you'd wear with this too ... or if you'd switch it to a stand alone RHR when you start wearing a band.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!!! Is it too late for me to change my mind??? LOL!!! I think that is awesome!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 10:20:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think a cushion would probably look fine in that setting. I do however suggest trying one on in person or trying things that are similar just to make sure you know you''ll like how the setting actually looks on your hand. big pics and actually rings can look worlds apart..
that''s so true... those beautiful dainty ritanis look like flimsy twine on my big fingers LOL

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a handshot...

dianne_handshot.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I realize your stone is a 1.3 from reading your previous posts, and you have a size 6.5 finger. The stone appears to be larger than a 1.3 but at least you get a general idea...

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
curiopotter---THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to see to help me decide! Thank you so much for your time and efforts to help bring this to life for me! I was so excited to see the handshot.
36.gif
Yes, my stone is 1.31 ct and measures 7.13 X 6.28. The halo will give it a bigger look but I can''t let the band overtake the center stone. I''m sure some tweaking will need to be done here and there.

I think the pave is delicate enough for it to not overtake the cushion. I like it!
I actually just saw a woman today with a similar setting and I could not take my eyes off of it.

thing2of2
--How great that you saw something similar--I sure do wish I could. My local jewelry stores have most of the same 4 designs between them so it is difficult to actually get to see something like this in person.

mrssalvo--I think your comment is the key...I really do need to try something like this on...just hard to find it around here.
8.gif

oooooh... purty!

Hi poptart--Thank you...I thought it was purty, too!
2.gif

I like the *idea* of it ... but I can''t really picture it on anyone''s hand ... and when I try it seems like "too much".
ETA: REALLY think about what kind of wedding band you''d wear with this too ... or if you''d switch it to a stand alone RHR when you start wearing a band.

decodelighted--Bingo! That is exactly why I posted. I thought the idea sounded beautiful but then I was trying to imagine it on my hand and I was wondering if it would end up being just too much. I think staying delicate with both the halo and the band may be the answer, not sure. Wedding band?...actually, I had not planned to wear one because I originally wanted a split shank which (if with a deep split) gives the illusion of two rings to me. I will, however, add this to my "ponder" list and I will think it to infinity and beyond....
37.gif

I LOVE it!!! Is it too late for me to change my mind??? LOL!!! I think that is awesome!!!!!

Cehra--You mean you change your mind all the time, too? I tell ya...I get on my own nerves, sometimes!...lol.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it...if the shape of the halo will ''echo'' the shape of the stone (or vice versa). It may look odd otherwise. The photoshopped hand shot is gorgeous though!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Your welcome Dianne. I''m glad the pictures helped.. let me know if there''s anything else you''d like to see. I''ve been doing a lot of pro-bono Photoshop work here lately...

...now then, I charge for CAD drawings! haha :D

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 7:56:46 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I really like it...if the shape of the halo will ''echo'' the shape of the stone (or vice versa). It may look odd otherwise. The photoshopped hand shot is gorgeous though!
I want the halo to be really thin, hug the stone and totally follow it''s shape. I don''t know the dos and don''ts of setting jewelry so I will have to put together all details I want and just ask if it''s possible. And, yes, curiopotter did me a huge favor with her Photoshop skills. It doesn''t look nearly as busy as I assumed it would so this is even closer to being "the one"!
31.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 8:22:40 PM
Author: curiopotter
Your welcome Dianne. I''m glad the pictures helped.. let me know if there''s anything else you''d like to see. I''ve been doing a lot of pro-bono Photoshop work here lately...

...now then, I charge for CAD drawings! haha :D
ok...I''ll make sure I limit my requests to non-CAD only
9.gif
Now, is the hand shot of your hand? Oh, I would love it if my hands were that pretty.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly no, they''re not my hands... I wish my hands were that well manicured and thin.

You were looking for a size 6.5 so I tried to find someone''s hands on the forum that were a 6.5, and at the right angle to place the ring on.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 10:40:17 PM
Author: curiopotter
Sadly no, they''re not my hands... I wish my hands were that well manicured and thin.

You were looking for a size 6.5 so I tried to find someone''s hands on the forum that were a 6.5, and at the right angle to place the ring on.
Very nice...such attention to detail! I know it''s so hard to tell ring sizes, plus I''m a bad guesser at such things, so I was wondering what size fingers the "model" had. Nice to know it''s my size! Thanks, again!

PS...I''ve seen some of the other pics you have posted to help folks out--You''re good at this!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great with a cushion shape in general...but it''s a bit busy looking with a white stone. I think it would look amazing with a colored stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
dianne - who makes this first ring in your post with the diamond melee?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
(LOVE THE SETTING!!)
Can you order the setting so you can see it in person? what is their return policy like??

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know personally, you may want to start a new thread for that... However...

From their website: http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/faq.cfm

Can I return or exchange my merchandise?
We accept returns for full refund or store credit (minus shipping & insurance) only for standard items purchased online. Items must be in original condition (not worn, sized, engraved, set, or altered in any way). We do not accept returns on any special orders (i.e. special sizes, custom orders, engraved or set items, or any altered merchandise). All returned items must be received by Firenze Jewels, Inc. within 10 days of purchase. Please call to speak with an associate prior to returning merchandise. All returned merchandise should be mailed registered and fully insured. Purchases of standard items made in person at our showroom can be returned within 10 days for store credit only.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,
Cehra, you posted right after I turned off the computer to watch Desperate Housewives...then it was a rerun...bummer!

Thanks, Curiopotter, for answering Cehra and Sophie. I did get it from Firenze. It is under the Engagement Ring section and there are two that look similar. This particular one is on page 32 of the total 88 pages. They have some amazing settings. Make sure you look at the "Rings" section, too, for colored stones. Talk about seeing something different...some are very interesting. I was actually looking into having this one custom made with bigger melee. Since the details on this one says it has 112 round brilliant diamonds for a total of 0.40 ct total, each diamond would be incredibly tiny--like 1/3 of a point! Mark T will be making my setting, whenever I make a final decision, that is
20.gif
and he said he didn''t like to have melee smaller than 3/4 of a point. Then I was trying to figure out if the detail would show if the melee was bigger and my diamond was smaller than the halo size on this pic. I am not sure the detail would show if it were all squished down to be in proportion with my 1.31 ct diamond, ya know?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:08:11 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
dianne - who makes this first ring in your post with the diamond melee?
Cehra, You gonna get it? God, I love this setting but I don''t think all the detail will look right with my small cushion. You, however, have a large stone that could pull this off....so...ya gonna?
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results