shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you spend your $ between following choices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

naomi

Rough_Rock
1)2ct ring only
2)1ct each earrings (total 2 carat) and 1 carat ring.

I am inclined to 2), but when I see 2 carat stonec.wowc.I can not decide.

reena

Ideal_Rock
no contest, hands down #2
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id make my own choice--1.5ct ring and .5ctw earrings. Actually Id probably go with number one because I never take my CBRs out.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
without question, for me, #1 - the 2 ct ring.
you don't see your ears often enuff to make it worthwhile unless you work around mirrors all day
2.gif
i'd get some nice facsimilies for the ears (which people don't tend to look too closely at anyway) at wink's freecz.com
9.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oops i reversed my letters! sorry--#1, #1, #1 absolutely!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings as large as the ring... really? That's one option never heard of on PS until now !

If it's a round, 1.5cts is the largest every-day size to me: so 1.4-1.5 ring and some small (50-60 points total) studs would do... for a vote
1.gif

read.gif
If anything, three 1 carat pieces would be less expensive than one of two carats. And you can definitely cut a deal going 1.5-1.6 total for the earrings as opposed to two one carat pieces, even if you do go with as high grades for earrings as for the larger stone.

According to on-going quotes: it is one 2 carat G/VS againt a 1.6total pair of F-G/SI1s and one 1.8 F/VS2 ! There definitely is a premium on that 200points treshold and not too many rounds just below.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I'd get the largest single stone with my budget.
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Ana, I'd get smaller earrings and the largest stone I could still get for the ring. I really find a difference between great cut, real stones for earrings vs cz's, which I wore for a long time. Nothing like having lots of sparkle going on right at your face!

naomi

Rough_Rock
thanks, everyone.

I guess one largest stone affordable is reasonable choice. (I appreciate opinion based on real life / experience.) I thought I needed large stone for my not-small face, but maybe half carat would be enough. I should concentrate my effort for an ideal ring.

Thank you, again.

engageme

Rough_Rock
I think that if I was getting this for my girl I would get a ring and matching earings. The ring would be larger...say 1.5ct and the studs around 3/4. I would think that a full 1.ct stud would be very very large but teh 1/2 ct a bit small.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll go with Ana and Lop too. As big as I can for a ring (1.5ct) and as small as I can for the earrings (0.5 to 0.6 ctw).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there is one reason why I didn't go for the largest single stone: ten-twenty points up of down around the 2 carat mark make very little difference in size, but they seem to make allot of difference in price. On the other hand, the same definitely makes a difference of size in the half carat range.

There is no secret that getting the most diamond for the money does not mean getting one stone. No need to consider a pint of two pointers
2.gif
Three stones would do well indeed.

abbey

Rough_Rock
Go for the 2 carat !!!!
There is always your first year anniversary for the earrings.
naughty.gif

You can wear sims until then.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Option #1. DEFINITELY #1!!!! I didn't even have to THINK about that one!

Don't get me wrong - I love diamond earrings as much as the next PS'er
2.gif
... but I love a ring more! And two carats... mmmmm... I've said it before and I'll say it again... I think 2 carats is just about THE PERFECT size stone! And I think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, when my 1.53 grows up, it just MIGHT become a 2+'er!!!
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results