shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you sell a diamond ring you no longer want?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michelles

Rough_Rock
I am getting a divorce and my husband and I have agreed to sell my Tiffany Lucida engagement ring. Where/how do I go about doing that?

rocksrock

Rough_Rock
I don't think there are many avenues you can take where you would even come close to breaking even let alone perhaps make a profit. Your only options are probably 1. ebay 2. pawnshop 3. newspaper advertising 4. word of mouth through friends. somebody should create a system to buy and sell real quality used engagement rings because we all know people who are no longer together or never went through with their wedding plans.
just to be nosy can you give us the specs on your ring? and when you bought it?

thanks.:wink2: and good luck with your divorce process, i hope it's a painless one.

michelles

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the reply. It is a sad but luckily amicable parting.

The ring was purchased September 2000. It is the Tiffany Lucida set in Platinum.

Weight: 1.0
Color: I
Clarity: VS2

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Don't rush to sell it until you can figure out how to get the most from it. You can put it on eBay with a reserve you are happy with, and good photos. Don't do a pawn shop. I am sure there is some way to get a good price for it, I am just not sure how.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe it was over two years ago! [/u]

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Have you sold your ring? I may be interested.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Consider selling through a local jeweler or internet vendor on consignment.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Glad for you the split was friendly, but sad for you as well.
15.gif

Local jeweler or internet consignment would be a great way to go. Jonathan at Good Old Gold does consignments with internet exposure. You might try giving GOG a call. Hope everything works out for you.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
PQ - old thread.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
PQ... Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum
1.gif
9.gif
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... Just kiddin'.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results