shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you maintain your beauty?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use henna to color my hair, I cleanse my face twice a day (OCM, still trying to find a combo that works best for my acneic skin), moisturize/treat with oils, and moisturize my body. My nails are always trimmed and smoothed; occasionally I paint my toe nails. I don't smoke, drink, and I get plenty of rest and calm. I do yoga and exercise - not as regularly as I should, but I am persistent.

Sunscreen is always such a big thing, but I have yet to find anything I can put on my face without breaking me out, causing major irritation, or both. I have tried so many types and brands, to no avail. So what then? (Sure.... hats. Whole 'nother issue. Due to comfort sensitivity and my hair being highly intolerant, hats are also a struggle.)

Because 95% of products out there are just a bunch of cheap petro chemicals, containing preservatives, fragrances and substances that are meant to mask the unpleasant smell of some ingredients but are harmfull to the skin, and pretty much everything alive.
These are marketed to us as safe yet year after year ingredients labeled on the back get banned because they get discovered as being carcinogenic, hormone disruptors, etc.
If you already wear foundation, don't need sunscreen unless you work outside. Foundation contains oxides (minerals) that will block a lot of the UV. Problem with foundation is that is hard to find one that doesn't have a huge list of ingredients and doesn't contain the bad stuff.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because 95% of products out there are just a bunch of cheap petro chemicals, containing preservatives, fragrances and substances that are meant to mask the unpleasant smell of some ingredients but are harmfull to the skin, and pretty much everything alive.
These are marketed to us as safe yet year after year ingredients labeled on the back get banned because they get discovered as being carcinogenic, hormone disruptors, etc.
If you already wear foundation, don't need sunscreen unless you work outside. Foundation contains oxides (minerals) that will block a lot of the UV. Problem with foundation is that is hard to find one that doesn't have a huge list of ingredients and doesn't contain the bad stuff.

Unfortunately I can't wear foundation either. I basically use pure, single oils to cleanse, moisturize, and condition - and that's it. I have tried using Red Raspberry Oil for its supposed SPF (28 I think) but that appears to irritate my skin too.

I also use the pure oils, in large part, to eliminate any extraneous and potentially harmful ingredients. It's crazy how much crap is in the stuff we use!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I can't wear foundation either. I basically use pure, single oils to cleanse, moisturize, and condition - and that's it. I have tried using Red Raspberry Oil for its supposed SPF (28 I think) but that appears to irritate my skin too.

I also use the pure oils, in large part, to eliminate any extraneous and potentially harmful ingredients. It's crazy how much crap is in the stuff we use!

Believe me I know the feeling, wish I didn't...

Beware of essential oils, they are not harmless.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my face. Don’t mind the horrible pictures but this is the best one I could find showing my skin tags. It was done in two procedures and it was so cheap! $250 for both sessions.
D042984F-555B-4BED-AB66-26BF2A5E2098.png 30A7B9E9-7FCF-4501-825D-7A005C5E87F4.png

What a huge difference this made on you! It really brightened up your face & neck! :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my face. Don’t mind the horrible pictures but this is the best one I could find showing my skin tags. It was done in two procedures and it was so cheap! $250 for both sessions.
D042984F-555B-4BED-AB66-26BF2A5E2098.png 30A7B9E9-7FCF-4501-825D-7A005C5E87F4.png

Wow, what an amazing difference!!
You look great!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I do that I haven't seen mentioned is a take gelatin on a daily basis as well as high dose vitamin C and K. I read years ago a study that showed eating gelatin and UV rays of the sun actually builds collagen in the skin, vs degrading it. I think our western trend to only eat the lean part of the meat with as little fat as possible and no skin or connective tissue is not as healthy as we have thought.

I've been taking it well over a decade. I often get told I look younger than my age which is funny to me because as a teen I was told I looked older. Is it the gelatin? Is it genetics? I don't know for sure. Just food for thought (pun intended) for those open to the idea.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a huge difference this made on you! It really brightened up your face & neck! :love:
Thank you! I am very very happy I did it. They always bothered me.

Wow, what an amazing difference!!
You look great!
Thank you! I plan to do it again if they do come back which I was told that they will.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
There's what I'd like to do and what I can afford. What I can afford is a decent skin cleanser and a hair cut every 2 months.

If I came into extra funds, I'd like to do some fillers, maybe a slight tuck here and there. Sadly, that's unlikely to happen, so I'm 55 and look it. I'm trying to be my best 55 on a tight budget, altho shiftwork goes against me.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@rainydaze not sure if this will help you but I use COTZ untinted face sunscreen.
It’s very gentle and non irritating and protective.
My skin is super sensitive and reactive. Even my dermatologist says so. Lol

9E5A5B36-D6CD-4AA4-AE5E-E274F3CF3F06.jpeg

I feel fortunate that there's nothing I need in life (and very few "wants"), so I wasn't paying attention to Black Friday deals. Until I came across info about 25% off for COTZ. Yay! I ordered some of this sunscreen and the Botanical version, too. So excited for when it arrives! :dance:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My skin is so oily. Friend if mine recommended Neutrogena hydro boost which I use daily now and apple cider /clay facial twice month. Just started using it a couple months ago.

Laura mercier tinted moisturizer spf30,
Hourglass powder/bronze to get rid of the shine.

This regimen has been working for my so far...knock on wood

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to mention that I often use a mineral powder sunscreen- I like the Tarte version- it’s pre loaded in a brush and easy to swipe on the face, part of your hair, etc. good in place of finishing powder or in hot/humid environments. It doesn’t irritate my skin or my kiddos’. Easy to take along for reapplication as well!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just discovered root touch up spray. I’ve never used it before but I also don’t like going to get my hair colored. I don’t seem to have the patience and I definitely don’t like spending the money.
I try to wait at least five to six weeks but of course by week four my roots show up in full force.
So I bought Clairol root touch up spray and I love it. Completely covers my grays until I can get to the hair salon. I just ordered the L’Oreal touch up spray too to compare.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an interesting thread!! I’m 58 years old and I have earned every line and gray hair! LOL!!! I mix my own foundation by adding primer, a tad of extra moisturizer and pore reducers. I use very little of it…keep it light. I have always used moisturizer, ever since I was a teenager, and have stayed out of the sun. I have a fraternal twin sister. She always stayed in the sun with the iodine and baby oil () and you can literally see the difference. It takes me maybe 5 minutes for my makeup every morning and my hair is longer than it has been in years. Someone told me the other day I seem to be aging backwards. I don’t know about that but I’m happy, and I think happy makes you look better!

A0A8FF2D-29A7-462D-99A5-72081A7E9B80.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results