shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you maintain your beauty?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @seaurchin amd @Gussie. Definitely not looking to go cheap - I want to be able to pay more for expertise and a quality job! The possibility of drooping gives me cause for concern though - I would be really upset having to live with that for 4 or so months.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Since I started watching Korean Dramas on Netflix, I’ve started this regimen every other day :) because they show this on a lot of the shows. I'm always in awe of the K-drama stars and their beautiful skin, and my husband just laughs, and says, it is all about make-up. I don't care, make up doesn't hide wrinkles. I found an inexpensive hydrating mask with collagen, peptides, hyaluronic acid, and bought in bulk, and I'm loving it. Using the excess liquid on my neck!

5590F1F1-4CA0-4275-8297-D152A6539340.jpeg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am terrible about maintenance these days. But I know my teddy bear thinks I'm beautiful, and that's all that counts, right? :lol-2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I started watching Korean Dramas on Netflix, I’ve started this regimen every other day :) because they show this on a lot of the shows. I'm always in awe of the K-drama stars and their beautiful skin, and my husband just laughs, and says, it is all about make-up. I don't care, make up doesn't hide wrinkles. I found an inexpensive hydrating mask with collagen, peptides, hyaluronic acid, and bought in bulk, and I'm loving it. Using the excess liquid on my neck!

5590F1F1-4CA0-4275-8297-D152A6539340.jpeg

Oh, I need this! Can you share what kind of mask and where you buy it from?

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I use a teeth whitening treat every week 1-3 times.
Botox 4 -6 months (only started last October). I love it. No one has noticed - they just think I look less tired. Huge difference (I think).
Last October I had filler in my cheeks. Several people thought I had lost weight…. Bonus. No one guessed filler!
I have had some filler in my lips .2 of a ml in top, .2 ml in the bottom & .4 ml in each cheek. Also no one noticed (but there is a difference). I don’t ever want fish lips do a little often to maintain what I have. I may have a tiny bit more next time & the rest in my cheeks…. This is a birthday treat to myself & I use money I get for gifts or my tax return.
I have had laser skin tightening (also helps with redness) but I haven’t been for a while.
I have a hair cut every 4 weeks & a colour every 12 - of when I need it. A friend does my hair at home & we often barter for haircuts (I may wed her garden or something).
I do my own gel nails (usually French fingers & toes). I use a gel that peels of after soaking in hot water for 10 mins (it still needs some help to get off). I don’t like gel being ground off nor paying $100 or a manicure & pedicure. I also could never go ; weeks like some people do between because I can’t stand the look where it is growing out,
I tint my own eye brows & lashes.
Do my own waxing & tanning.
I do use scrubs etc in the shower.
I started using cleanser & moisturiser only last year because the beautician was horrified that I used only soap & water & I never used sun block…. So I have started that.
I am trying to keep old age at bay on a budget….

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@GoldenTouch you must wear sunscreen. There is little point in doing all the other beauty treatments if you aren’t wearing sunscreen - sun damage is the greatest contributor to visible signs of ageing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have written this before but it bears repeating.
The two most important things one can do for their overall health and physical appearance is:

1. DO NOT Smoke
2. Wear Sunscreen whenever you are outdoors

I will add a third, fourth and fifth and OK sixth.

Try to get plenty of rest/sleep and exercise and sweat every day and eat healthfully and drink plenty of water/hydrate.
And find a partner who loves you for who you are and will support you through the tough times not just the good times. Having emotional support is a huge game changer IMO and makes life sweeter and easier.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Sunscreen, rest, exercise and a mostly healthy diet. Rest, exercise and the diet have suffered during the pandemic for me with my work and I feel like I’m feeling pretty rough, so I’m going to be better about that. I do color my hair but I may stop soon. Never a smoker and although I like a glass of wine here and there not a big drinker. Occasionally I paint my nails or pluck a stray brow hair :)

I’m only 40 so I won’t rule out that I will eventually have something done- I have really deep set eyes with loose skin on the upper lid and it’s starting to sag, in a lot of folks this eventually ends up blocking some vision so someday a few decades down the line I might need an eye lift for that. But I think that associating beauty with looking young, especially as this is disproportionately encouraged in women when compared to men, is problematic. I’m trying to be mindful not to fall into that trap.

Reactions: BMI

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use henna to color my hair, I cleanse my face twice a day (OCM, still trying to find a combo that works best for my acneic skin), moisturize/treat with oils, and moisturize my body. My nails are always trimmed and smoothed; occasionally I paint my toe nails. I don't smoke, drink, and I get plenty of rest and calm. I do yoga and exercise - not as regularly as I should, but I am persistent.

Sunscreen is always such a big thing, but I have yet to find anything I can put on my face without breaking me out, causing major irritation, or both. I have tried so many types and brands, to no avail. So what then? (Sure.... hats. Whole 'nother issue. Due to comfort sensitivity and my hair being highly intolerant, hats are also a struggle.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze not sure if this will help you but I use COTZ untinted face sunscreen.
It’s very gentle and non irritating and protective.
My skin is super sensitive and reactive. Even my dermatologist says so. Lol

9E5A5B36-D6CD-4AA4-AE5E-E274F3CF3F06.jpeg

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
@GoldenTouch you must wear sunscreen. There is little point in doing all the other beauty treatments if you aren’t wearing sunscreen - sun damage is the greatest contributor to visible signs of ageing.

So true!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I need this! Can you share what kind of mask and where you buy it from?

Sure, it is called Ebenal. It is a Korean formula supposedly. Very inexpensive, about $1 each when you buy in bulk on Amazon.

F5E0C293-891C-4C25-815C-A7DE358C88E8.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had all my skin tags removed from my face, neck and armpits. I had hundreds of them. They were small though but they bothered me so much. Now my face is so much smoother. Here is a before and after of my neck. They are still healing. I just had it done three weeks ago. I’m so happy that I had them removed. BEE3C2B2-7871-45B2-8EB9-86667EDA0E2F.png 40423F5F-8B91-4668-B3D3-029158A21320.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, it is called Ebenal. It is a Korean formula supposedly. Very inexpensive, about $1 each when you buy in bulk on Amazon.

F5E0C293-891C-4C25-815C-A7DE358C88E8.jpeg

Thank you! I'm going to try it out!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my face. Don’t mind the horrible pictures but this is the best one I could find showing my skin tags. It was done in two procedures and it was so cheap! $250 for both sessions.
D042984F-555B-4BED-AB66-26BF2A5E2098.png 30A7B9E9-7FCF-4501-825D-7A005C5E87F4.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
And my face. Don’t mind the horrible pictures but this is the best one I could find showing my skin tags. It was done in two procedures and it was so cheap! $250 for both sessions.
D042984F-555B-4BED-AB66-26BF2A5E2098.png 30A7B9E9-7FCF-4501-825D-7A005C5E87F4.png

It’s such a pretty result!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze not sure if this will help you but I use COTZ untinted face sunscreen.

Thank you @missy ! I will give this a try - fingers crossed!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

@missy This looks very interesting! I'm always after the Holy Grail mineral sunscreen. May I ask what type skin your face is—dry, oily, mixed? What does this feel like once it absorbs/dries down? What level, if at all, "cast" does this leave on the skin?

I have dry-ish skin and have tried so many that feel rather sticky on me, and don't really settle onto the skin—which I seriously detest. Plus a lot of them have a faint white cast on my skin, and leave marks on my winter jacket collars. Also annoying. LOL! First-world...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy This looks very interesting! I'm always after the Holy Grail mineral sunscreen. May I ask what type skin your face is—dry, oily, mixed? What does this feel like once it absorbs/dries down? What level, if at all, "cast" does this leave on the skin?

I have dry-ish skin and have tried so many that feel rather sticky on me, and don't really settle onto the skin—which I seriously detest. Plus a lot of them have a faint white cast on my skin, and leave marks on my winter jacket collars. Also annoying. LOL! First-world...

I have dry sensitive skin. Almost everything aggravates it. This goes on smoothly for me and doesn’t cake up. It dries matte. The non tinted goes on whitish but dries invisibly. Leaves no color. I hesitate recommending only because we’re all different but it’s worth a try if you don’t have your HG sunscreen yet.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Thanks so much! I too, have dry and sensitive skin. My skin tone is a little darker than yours ( I don't post pictures of myself online other than my hands. Haha.) so it will be interesting to see how the products settles onto my skin, white-cast-wise.

I have some Australian Gold that I'm about half way through (I wear sunscreen year 'round) so I will order some COTZ in the next couple months to give it a whirl.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@ringbling17, You look beautiful!!! You have gorgeous skin. I wish I’d seen your post 15 years ago. My aunt had skin tags that she said really bothered her. I didn’t think they were noticeable but they bothered her. Had I known about this I would have taken her in to get them taken care of.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please please give me details! I know someone who has been wanting to do this! What is it called?

Hi nala! I think it’s just called skin tag removal. You can have it done at a dermatologist office. My friend told me she went to one in the past that only charged $150 for 10 skin tags removed and my brother had it done in the past and insurance covered it in full. Now they don’t cover it bc it’s considered cosmetic but you never know.
I’ve been wanting to do it for sometime BC the ones on my neck would get caught on my necklace and the ones on my armpits were large. Sometimes they would bleed too if I accidentally nicked them when shaving, from friction or from just getting stuck on my necklace. Also both my parents have them and theirs have gotten so big they have formed into large gray clusters. I was afraid that would probably happen to me as well.
The woman I went to has a clinic in NY but she did it at my friend’s house BC we were all getting microbladed and eyeliner tattoo.
I happened to mention it and she said she could remove them. She said since she was already doing my other procedures she could do my face and neck for a small fee. Her normal fee is $450 per area, so it really should have cost me at least $900 for just my face and neck. Then I mentioned my armpits had large skin tags and she said she would throw that in for the same amount. I asked her how much and she said $250. Of course I agreed!
My sister had it done in London and the person she went to charged $50 per skin tag. She removed only 8 of them for $400. This lady was giving me a bargain!
She applied a numbing cream for about 30 - 45 minutes prior and then she cauterized my skin tags off with some type of pen tool. I was left with small black scabs. Some of them I didn’t even feel but a few of them did hurt. She even did the ones on my eyelids and right around my lower lashes. Those where grayish black and made me look like I had extra eyeliner in certain spots.
Afterwards she gave me bacitracin and applied it to my face and gave me a few packets to take home. For the first few days I did not wash my face or neck. I just kept applying bacitracin and then neosporin when I ran out. I was luckily on vacation for two weeks.
When I took a shower I did it without getting my face wet. After about two weeks the ones on my face started falling off. The ones on my neck took about a month. Do not prematurely remove the scabs BC it will leave scars and sometimes they will bleed. I had some come off early BC of taking my mask off and on and they bled and scabbed over again.
About three weeks ago she came back to do our microblading touch ups and she said she would do my skin tags touch up for me. This lady for some reason is super nice with me. She even offered to do fibroblast for my eye-bags for free bc she really liked me, but I said I would think about it.
All in all I am so happy I did it. My face is so much clearer and nothing gets caught on my neck.
Here are some photos right after she finished the first session. All the black dots are the removed skin tags. I had hundreds of them. 3222CE7D-F2FB-4AA2-BA4C-E00198397163.jpeg 9832BC4C-69E1-482A-A7F6-D3868127CB3F.jpeg /ATTACH]

Attachments

• BEEDF635-8590-4812-A210-4C0800858631.jpeg
    BEEDF635-8590-4812-A210-4C0800858631.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 13

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ringbling17, You look beautiful!!! You have gorgeous skin. I wish I’d seen your post 15 years ago. My aunt had skin tags that she said really bothered her. I didn’t think they were noticeable but they bothered her. Had I known about this I would have taken her in to get them taken care of.

Aww. Thank you! Mine were mostly small but I just had a lot of them. I honestly wish I had done this sooner.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@rainydaze I might be telling you something you already know, but I only discovered recently that there is a difference between a chemical sunscreen and a mineral sunscreen. Mineral sunscreens are generally recognised as being more tolerated by those with sensitive skin. The sunscreen @missy has recommended is a mineral sunscreen=)2

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze I might be telling you something you already know, but I only discovered recently that there is a difference between a chemical sunscreen and a mineral sunscreen. Mineral sunscreens are generally recognised as being more tolerated by those with sensitive skin. The sunscreen @missy has recommended is a mineral sunscreen=)2

Thanks @CMN ! I am aware of the difference, though sadly it still hasn't helped much. I believe I tried a sunscreen that was pure mineral (zinc oxide) or as close to as possible. It still turned my face red with irritation and broke me out more. And of course it left a white caste. I'm sure pure isn't the way to go (too heavy and clogging) for the face but I wanted to see if the actual active ingredient was a problem and go from there. It is crazy how reactive my skin is, and frustrating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results