shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you keep cool?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 3 tandems and the recumbent tandem (the most recent one and the one we have been riding exclusively for the past 2 years) has a 36 foot wide turning radius so yeah it's difficult to turn around lol. The other tandems are much easier to navigate when turning but the recumbent has a huge turning radius. Otherwise it's easy to navigate and my dh made me an SPF canopy and an added benefit of that is it makes us more visible. Always a good thing when cycling. We aren't allowed on the boardwalk to cycle from May through October generally but in the off season we enjoy cycling on the boardwalk and in the summer we cycle in the street but it is still by the Ocean so it's a lot of fun. Yes the person in front is the one who steers (Captain)and I get to just sit back, cycle (stoker) and enjoy the scenery without worrying about traffic and navigating. Works for me.:sun:

Absolutely re the trust. Our tandem guy Mel shared some cycling wisdom with us when we ordered our first custom tandem with him:

"Wherever you are going in your relationship a tandem will get you there faster."

That is truth. :bigsmile:

Violet I say try one out with your dh and see what you think. We borrowed our friend's tandem (it was a wedding gift from his family when he got married but his wife doesn't like to cycle sadly) for a whole summer before we bought our first. We never looked back. LOVE it. No comparison vs regular cycling for us.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.30.41 PM.png

calfeetandem.jpg

cannondaletandem.jpg

So I don't see my husband much right now because he runs restaurants for the summer - I jokingly call myself a summer restaurant widow. But we were home together the other night, and I brought up the tandem bicycle and showed him a used one for sale. He was very quick to remind me of ONE TIME that we rode one together - it was in St. Michaels, MD and they had them at the Inn at Perry Cabin for the guests. He took us through a ditch and almost crashed us, and I had forgotten that I said I would never ride a tandem bike with him again :lol:

That was probably in 2004, when we were newly dating - I bet he'd be a better driver now.....I hope :P2. I'm still thinking of getting one!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I don't see my husband much right now because he runs restaurants for the summer - I jokingly call myself a summer restaurant widow. But we were home together the other night, and I brought up the tandem bicycle and showed him a used one for sale. He was very quick to remind me of ONE TIME that we rode one together - it was in St. Michaels, MD and they had them at the Inn at Perry Cabin for the guests. He took us through a ditch and almost crashed us, and I had forgotten that I said I would never ride a tandem bike with him again :lol:

That was probably in 2004, when we were newly dating - I bet he'd be a better driver now.....I hope :P2. I'm still thinking of getting one!

How about if you drove?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about if you drove?

I had that thought also! He's a control freak, so not sure he'd be any fun in that scenario, but I could try :P2. However, I really like the missy's idea of lounging in the back, taking it all in, and not being responsible....if he can keep us alive that is. Pretty glad he doesn't read this forum :lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had that thought also! He's a control freak, so not sure he'd be any fun in that scenario, but I could try :P2. However, I really like the missy's idea of lounging in the back, taking it all in, and not being responsible....if he can keep us alive that is. Pretty glad he doesn't read this forum :lol:

Hey, your need to stay alive/unmaimed trumps his need to be in control! :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's something approaching 39 degrees here in the UK today.

We are not coping well... lol

That said, I 'worked' from the garden in a certain suit ;-)

Saphyrose

Rough_Rock
I'm stationed in Sweden where our biggest heat wave for the season has started, third days in a row with 86-95 farenheit. Which is high here. My biggest problem is that some of the malls aren´t built for the heat which affect the cooling system, which normally makes anyone who works in the mall freeze like a popsticle, to compleatly shut down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results