shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you judge a cushion-cut diamond without looking at it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushionsearcher

Rough_Rock
I think that I would like to have a cushion cut (old or new or anything that closely resembles the shape of a cushion) as the diamond in my engagement ring. I''ve visited several jewelry stores and have yet to find a store that actually has cushion cut diamonds in stock that I can look at, so I''ve never even seen one in person. Still, I''m pretty certain its the type of diamond I would like.

diamondwholesale.cc has the most comprehensive listing of cushion cut diamonds, but to be honest, I don''t know how to judge a cuchion cut diamond based on its table, depth, measurements, etc. What should I be looking for? What do the measurements actually pertain to? How can I best compare diamonds that are listed there? And how can I actually see some of these diamonds in person?

If anyone has any advice for me I''d greatly appreciate it - old miner?

Thanks
twirl.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I would read the forum enough to get a sense of which jewelers I would trust to find me a great cushion, contact them with my requirements, and trust that they won't sell me an ugly stone. I'd also, of course, choose someone with a decent return policy in case the stone really is not to my liking.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Well...we are in the same boat...I had the hardest time trying to get a handle on the 'cushion' and have posted here before...I finally found a jeweler in Boston who had one for me too look at...it was a nice stone...1.82 G, VS2ish...no cert and a bit to rectangly for me...I want more of a squarish cushion...

SO...someone did finally respond to my posts...I also looked at all the vendors listed here...6 of them had cushions in there search areas...Icestore, abazias, dirtcheapdiamonds...I cant remember the rest...

SO if you live near a major city most better jewelers can get them for you to look at if you call ahead...

That being said...here is the info I have gathered...

There are the 'cushion' s mostly older cuts, old mine cuts which are older and more cushiony than round...then there are the other some newer cuts...

Cushette
Lucere
Flanders
Regent

You can search for lucere and cushette via google...

Flanders and Regent you can look at at

www.goodoldgold.com

The flanders and lucere are more squarish than cushiony

I fell in love with regent and AM definately getting one...only catch no big ones...there are mostly @1c...not that thats not big...fortunately I live close enough to go on a road trip...he (GOG)is in NY...so I can look the stones...

Hope this helped...I can get you more info...

Also Jonathan at GOG has been really great...

diane

Now that I found the diamond all I need is the setting

di

1.gif

OH if you do a thread search you may find my old one and there might be more info there

Stone searching

Rough_Rock
Diane,
I too am in Boston and looking for either a new or old cushion diamond. Although after reading your posting here, I have started to look at the cushette and regent cuts as well. I'm lucky enough to have found the setting of my dreams - now I just need to find the diamond (or at least point my boyfriend in the right direction)! Can I ask which jeweler you worked with in Boston?

Thanks so much!
Stephanie

brand-o

Rough_Rock
Diane,
I have also been looking at the Regent cuts from Jonathan. Unfortunately I live in Georgia, a little too far for a road trip! Have you gotten your Regent yet? I would love to see a picture of it in a setting once you do pick it out! I have yet to see a picutre of one in a setting! I think my heart is set on a regent, I just wish I could actually put one on my finger to make sure! Any pictures you may have would be helpful!
Thanks,
Brandy

BTO

Rough_Rock
Wow, another Brandy, seems like no one ever shares my name!!

Bicky had her Regent set in a 4 prong Tiffany style Stuller. Its beautiful!!
love.gif
You can see pictures at the link below (sorry, don't know how to make it a hyper.) And you can also see Diane's Regent, whoowhoo, its a serious sparkler!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/favorite-diamond-cut.7540/

Hope it helps!

Brandy

brand-o

Rough_Rock
WOW! That is a beauty!!!! Thanks for your help
1.gif

I also want to see a picture of a regent in a Vatche X-prong, I love that setting and have seen many round brilliant pictures here that are outstanding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results