shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you group your collection for storage (and pics if you can!)

How do you group your collection for storage?

• By type

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • By color

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • By size

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Totally random

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other - pls explain below

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I was tidying my rings yesterday and just wondered how others usually store their collection?
- By color?
- By size?
- By type?
- Absolutely random?
- Some other way that I’m not aware of?

So for me I kind of tick all the boxes since:
- By color? (That’s how I keep my rings)
- By size? (That sort of happens for my loose stones, bigger ones together and smaller ones in another box - for ease of assessing which readymade ring setting is better when I go to my jeweler)
- By type? (Jadeite bangles go together, earrings in the same tray, pendants in another)
- Absolutely random (that goes for my pendants and earrings, I place them into divided trays and they go wherever there is space in those trays with no order, except that maybe the current fav is further in front/more accessible)

So I can fit all the choices but I see myself as more of a color person since that’s how I sort my rings. What about you?

And since I mentioned pics, here is one of my rings…
7B7BDD13-1BDF-48BA-8610-275A7419328D.jpeg

The usual bit that it’s hard to photograph them so that they all look good, but seriously seeing the tray of rainbows gives me an absolute burst of joy/pleasure.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I group by gold color (antique blush gold, modern yellow gold, antique yellow gold) and by metal (sterling, 9k, 14k, 18k). This leads me to 'silo' my stuff into capsules actually, so it's kind of useful for deciding which pieces to let go (if they don't fit with any capsule, if you see what I mean).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My rings are by color, but my loose stones are by type.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I group by gold color (antique blush gold, modern yellow gold, antique yellow gold) and by metal (sterling, 9k, 14k, 18k). This leads me to 'silo' my stuff into capsules actually, so it's kind of useful for deciding which pieces to let go (if they don't fit with any capsule, if you see what I mean).

Oh! That makes sense. Didn’t occur to me as my rings are either WG or platinum so the metal type/color actually doesn’t matter so much. But yes if you have a variety of metals then I can see how grouping by metal makes sense.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I group by engagement ring in the middle and then the bands I would wear them with underneath or above them. So my ACA first and then bands I pair it with, then my pear, etc. etc. I should probably rearrange it again but I’m lazy.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And since I mentioned pics, here is one of my rings…
7B7BDD13-1BDF-48BA-8610-275A7419328D.jpeg

The usual bit that it’s hard to photograph them so that they all look good, but seriously seeing the tray of rainbows gives me an absolute burst of joy/pleasure.

If that's not the coolest thing ever!

I am usually not a fan of rainbows but in this case I'll make a (giant) exception!

At my favorite jeweler -- who loves colored stones -- I always think there is not one thing there that I wouldn't love to own. Your lovely collection is just like that.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep posting !
I need ideas
i presently organise like a mad woman's sh*t :(2
Still in the ugly boxes they came in for the most part
spread out over the drawers in my dutchess
Rings i wear often go in the first big drawer
some other rings go in the little hanky drawer in the middle
Pearls used to live in the end drawer with shorts but now they live all over the top of the dutchess !
Some earings that i wear together shear a box - some do not
silver jewlery lives in a box
rings needing resizing live in another box on the dutchess
My two amber necklases live in a bottom drawer
mum's jewlery all still live in their ancient original boxes all in a pillowcase hidden under the bed or some such place although her pearl braclete lives in the pearl drawer
some rings and earimgs live in a shortbtead tin with the Queen's picture on
My saphire stacking ring set live in the sox drawer

Its not pretty

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In individual little plastic ziploc baggies, with the softer stones enveloped in cotton first. Then all the little baggies in a larger plastic ziploc bag.:oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results