shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you get your "mojo" back?

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
I did very well on weight watchers last year, and decided to "go it alone". And slowly but surely all of my weight has come back. I rejoined a couple weeks ago, hoping to get it back together, and was disappointed in my weigh-in. And I have been having a pity party every since. I can't seem to regain my self control, and it's got me so depressed that I turn to food, which is the worst thing I can actually do. With Halloween fast approaching, everyone in my office has candy in their cubicles and all around the common areas. I cannot seem to "not" eat it. I deliberately keep none in my own cubicle, but I find myself swallowing a piece of candy before I know it! I don't seem to possess the gene that carries willpower. I do enjoy candy, but I want to not enjoy it so that I can regain control of my life and mind.

Anyone else feel this way now or at any time in the past? What did you or are you doing to reign yourself in?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Candy is a huge weakness for me too. I almost feel like I have to eat it all so it's not a temptation anymore. I drink lots of cups of tea at work (no sugar) which really curbs my appetite.

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
I am working on tea. I don't care for coffee and I am doing well at not having diet pop, even though I like it a lot. I try to drink a large container of water every day. I do well if I use a straw.

I am hoping I can cut out treats and candies slowly. Because cold turkey is not working so well.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Could you try limiting how much you have per time period? Maybe allow yourself one piece per hour or something, and when it's time for another piece, go and deliberately choose which piece of candy you want, instead of mindlessly grabbing and eating. This will help you get in the habit of being more deliberate with food in general, and if you know you can have another piece soon it should help you get through the day without going nuts. When you can do a piece an hour, do a piece every 2 hours or something. Or maybe substitute a piece of candy for some carrot sticks. I find it easier to have a specific rule for yourself, with a reward at the end, instead of trying to give it up completely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results