shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about what you do for a living?

How do you feel about what you do for a living?

• 1 I HATE it!

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 10.9%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 6 13.0%

Votes: 8 17.4%

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • 10 I LOVE it!

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am retired (laid off as VP Software Engineering with a generous Severance Package at age 54) so technically I don't do anything for a living right now except living off of our investments (too young for SS).

Loved my job in the beginning because I actually got to do the technical stufff like design and coding. Later, managing multi-million dollar software development projects was not so much fun because you don't get to do the actual technical stuff but yet are still responsible for its success.

My first love was to be a classical flutist (had a scholarship at the SF Conservatory of Music while in high school) until my mom said to go out and get a real job. So I changed my major from flute performance to Computer Science.

It took me 3 years to complete my Gemologist Diploma (GIA) via their Distance Education department from 1986 to 1989. There was no Pricescope then and I wanted to learn more about gems. Would have been fun to work in the back office of a jewelry store (would be terrible in sales) but the pay would not support my then mortgage in the SF Bay Area.

I am a volunteer at the local Police Department where my hubby and I developed and implemented a Crime Analysis System for them.
I find reading the cases about all of the crime in town very interesting and depressing at the same time. Since we also produce the crime maps, we know where to not park our car, lol. Been very busy in retirement.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I like what I do, I can't imagine not starting out on this path. I start a new job soon for various reasons but it's been very hard to realize I won't be doing this for much longer. I wonder if my answer will be the same if this is asked next year.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I put 10/10 "Love it".

I'm a director in the IT field. My background is in project management. Now I manage a team of 100+ software development types.

I found my career more fulfilling after completing an MBA three years ago. Really helped me understand how to run a business, which seems to be of value in my field, where most people are technical, but not necessarily business or customer oriented.

My direct reports, boss and colleagues are great. Going to work is interesting and fun. And I feel well compensated.

This part of my life is going very well and I'm grateful for that. Raising 3 young kids... not always so fun. lol

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results