shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about stick figure family car stickers?

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
They can be cute, not for me though.

Laila619|1401465396|3683155 said:
They're cutesy, but I don't like them for safety reasons...there are a lot of whackos out there, and I don't want to broadcast to everyone how many kids we have.
YES! I can't tell you how many IPads, games, phones and gear get stolen when you're watching your practice/ play or having dinner afterwards. When you’re in a car accident, these stickers can take precious time away if you can’t tell they weren’t with you in the car. TG 'baby on board' type are banned from my town because of it :errrr:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1401486245|3683447 said:
I like this one.

I stopped reading this thread when I saw this. It is hilarious!!!!! The Ass Family. I love it!! The slickers are cute but not for me, primarily for safety reasons. I don't feel comfortable sharing that info publicly. But I have no opinions on people who do. Everyone has a different opinion of what they like. Ok by me...

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember the first time I saw one of these sticker sets, about 8 or 9 years ago. It was on the van of a family we knew. Just by looking at the back of this van, you would know this family had a dad, mom and three daughters. Their names were under their figures. I think there may have been a "my child is an honor student at..." sticker on the van as well. My mind definitely went to the negative, that now any lunatic behind that van would know they have three daughters, their names and that at least one of them is elementary school age. I didn't know where this family got the figures, but I didn't want them. Fast forward just a year or two, and we moved to CA, where I saw these stickers everywhere. I guess they've spread all over now.

Not to be harsh, as I do think they are cute, but safety comes first. I think I'd rather see the stick figure family on a holiday card, rather than a moving billboard.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I think they are cute, but I would never use them. Random people driving behind my car do not need to know how many members of my family there are, their sex, which kids are babies vs older kids, ect. It is just too much information being given out to random strangers.

I have the same feelings about other bumper stickers too, especially the "half of my heart is in (FILL IN THE DEPLOYMENT ZONE)." Believe me, I understand being proud of a spouse other family member serving and wanting people to know someone you love is deployed. BUT between those stickers and the stick family ones, the person just let people know the number of family members, their approximate ages, each family member's sex, AND you let them know your spouse is half way across the world. In my opinion, it is inviting too many weirdos to follow you and stake out a good time for a burglary or worse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1401612462|3684259 said:
I think they are cute, but I would never use them. Random people driving behind my car do not need to know how many members of my family there are, their sex, which kids are babies vs older kids, ect. It is just too much information being given out to random strangers.

I have the same feelings about other bumper stickers too, especially the "half of my heart is in (FILL IN THE DEPLOYMENT ZONE)." Believe me, I understand being proud of a spouse other family member serving and wanting people to know someone you love is deployed. BUT between those stickers and the stick family ones, the person just let people know the number of family members, their approximate ages, each family member's sex, AND you let them know your spouse is half way across the world. In my opinion, it is inviting too many weirdos to follow you and stake out a good time for a burglary or worse.

I agree. One weird thing I saw last summer during our bike rides is a house that had a banner out in front of it that said West Point Graduate class of 2017. I don't get that. In my mind that's 1.bragging and 2. a jinx as they don't know for sure he will be graduating from West Point. I mean, not all who begin a school finish yanno? I notice this spring/summer during our cycling trips the banner is finally down but it was up all autumn through December at least because we rode a bit in December last year and saw it was still up. Not sure if they had their fill from it or if something happened but it's finally down. Could you imagine if they kept it up all 4 years LOL?

As for those stick figures I remember seeing them years ago and thinking how cute. I don't like bumper stickers in general but for some reason I think the stick figures are cute as some of the examples above. I agree that in general I wouldn't want to say how many kids or kids at all if we had them and definitely not approx ages etc. but if you have family pets and hobbies I don't see any problems with displaying those.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I like them. Ive yet to see any with names, which I find to be a huge security risk. I especially like the ones with just one or two people with pets or a bunch of shopping bags. :sun:
I also like to see the odd Darwin fish or Flying Spaghetti Monster decal in amongst all the Jesus fish cars. The running stickers are cool too.

I might get this for my car:

From here: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

_18819.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely loath them. No idea why - just do. In fact I trend to dislike any stickers on cars really...

ming

Shiny_Rock
Meh. Totally not my style. So I bought this one for my car.

stick_figure_stripper_junkie_rectangle_car_magnet.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ming|1401761903|3685293 said:

Hahhahaahha I want it! Where did you get that? Not that I would actually put it on my car, I just want it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahaha.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's funny!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results