shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about "special occasion" jewelry?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to the party but I'm really excited for you @FL_runner this is going to be beautiful on you! I'm the queen of bling and pjs as @missy has alluded to. Nothing better than chilling out with your bling and pj's. Life really is a gift each day and I think you'll find many times to enjoy this ring. We can't wait to see it on you!
Thank you so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think everyone's situation is different, so only you can really decide whether you'd wear the ring enough to make it worth buying. So you hopefully will get a better feel for that once you see the ring. I will say that I have always loved jewelry. I didn't keep anything that I don't love. But yes, I have bought beautiful pieces that I never wear! My lifestyle is super casual and I no longer work. We have the daughters' weddings behind us, and those were the dressiest occasions we had. We may go to a wedding every year or two at this point, but most won't be ultra formal anyway. I think I wore a right hand ring to our daughter's wedding in 2019, and that's likely the last time I wore one! I only have a few, and I am saving them for my daughters and granddaughters and maybe selling one or two. I have other special things that I rarely wear that I'll give the girls over time for special birthdays. They likely won't be buying much jewelry themselves, so hopefully they'll treasure a few heirloom pieces.

The reality for me is that I wear a wedding set and earrings (studs or hoops mostly) on a daily basis, maybe a necklace/pendant and a bracelet if going out to dinner or something. I honestly think I could have a capsule collection of 10-12 pieces, and that would serve me well 99.9% of the time! All that is to say that I admire but will buy no more special occasion jewelry, because wearing something once every 2-3 years just isn't worth it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have, or want, any.

Seeing as my SO and I do not recognize any holidays even birthdays, let alone spend a penny celebrating them, every day is the same.
It's wonderful.

So much of our culture involves brainwashing from birth to pry money out of us.

What about you fabulous diamond Ring? One of the prettiest diamonds I have ever seen! Do you wear it daily?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of wearing those bling pieces like that awesome star ring, or Nala’s bracelet and/or pendant with jeans and a black tank. Like I can wear it everyday when I pair with something casual and it looks so chic :) I would love to have a diamond necklace for just that type of outfit! :)

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of wearing those bling pieces like that awesome star ring, or Nala’s bracelet and/or pendant with jeans and a black tank. Like I can wear it everyday when I pair with something casual and it looks so chic :) I would love to have a diamond necklace for just that type of outfit! :)
Like one of those amazing riviera necklaces? That would be fun..... :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am absolutely blown away. It exceeded my expectations by far! I only have a few quick snaps but in person it’s incredible. And it is, in fact, a total honker after all :lol: 31907B6E-1895-4883-89D1-CE843017D54B.jpeg 27BB15E9-A32A-4BB9-B3B9-9737212851D0.jpeg

It's lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear almost all my jewelry and don't really save much for special occasions but I did buy a diamond tennis necklace that I used to wear just a few times a year for events and I wonder if I will ever wear it again. I don't think I'd think to put it on with the tee shirts and jeans or sweatshirts and pants that I am wearing right now, working remotely. And I wouldn't wear it to my office either. But I do love it. Other than that, I don't feel like anything I have can't be worn daily, no matter what I'm doing, or wearing. I do like to be able to rotate through all of my pieces so that they all get wear time and none really sit in the box.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am absolutely blown away. It exceeded my expectations by far! I only have a few quick snaps but in person it’s incredible. And it is, in fact, a total honker after all :lol: 31907B6E-1895-4883-89D1-CE843017D54B.jpeg 27BB15E9-A32A-4BB9-B3B9-9737212851D0.jpeg

What a stunner :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I was worried is was just TOO MUCH :lol: but I really love it!

If something that makes your heart sing, then it is not too much!

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!!! I figured it was going out on a limb a bit as the center diamond didn’t have a certification, but that’s not too surprising with vintage items. The center measured at 1.6 ct but the seller and I agreed not to take it out of the setting for evaluation. The way it’s set creates the star effect with the overlapping the edge of the center stone. The setting was designed so beautifully! 4CE75C8A-21A2-4DC1-8FAD-E4BF54283E06.jpeg

Attachments

• 9C881D4B-0D0D-41C0-83D3-F48639862CFC.jpeg
    9C881D4B-0D0D-41C0-83D3-F48639862CFC.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That star design in the center is so unique and pretty, when you first posted this ring I had to take a closer look because I’ve never seen that before.

Do you think you’ll wear it often?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful! Such a great blend of mixed shapes! I'd size it for a middle or pointer finger and consider everyday a special occasion!

cheers--Sharon

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
That star design in the center is so unique and pretty, when you first posted this ring I had to take a closer look because I’ve never seen that before.

Do you think you’ll wear it often?

Weekends, but obviously not workdays. It’s just so different and beautifully executed that I hate to let it go.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about you fabulous diamond Ring? One of the prettiest diamonds I have ever seen! Do you wear it daily?

Thanks much, and absolutely.
But this thread is about wearing jewelry for "special occasions".

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing!! What a beautiful ring! :kiss2:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks much, and absolutely.
But this thread is about wearing jewelry for "special occasions".
Thank you for sharing your views, I’ve appreciated hearing everybody’s take on this :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results