shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about RHRs?

What do you like to see as a right hand ring?

• Large diamond center

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Gemstone style RHR

• Other types

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Many of us found Pricescope in a quest to discover our own perfect ering. A lot of us have stayed far beyond that journey! I know I''m always looking for another way to sparkle!

Right hand rings are a logical move from erings. I''ve been thinking about a project in my mind, and it''s going to be an RHR. I''m wondering what other people personally feel about right hand rings.

IN YOUR OPINION...... do you/would you wear a large (around 1 carat) diamond on your right hand? Do you prefer to see gemstones as RHRs? Do you like clusters or bands or other non large stone centers for the right hand? I find other peoples'' perspectives interesting.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Right now I have several rings I rotate on my right hand. I have a blue sapphire in a platinum trellis setting that is simple, but stunning. I also love to wear my Cartier rolling ring. I sometimes wear a vintage oec solitaire, but don''t really like the ering look on my right hand. So I guess I''m kind of a right hand slut??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
none of the options work for me. Honestly I think all the choices can look good as RHR''s but I am not a fan of a ton of RHR''s all at the same time. But as long as it''s done tastefully, anything goes IMO.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think all kinds of RHRs can look amazing if worn right. For me personally, I''d prefer either gemstone or stacking band type RHRs. If I was going to get a larger diamond (>1ct), I would put it towards earrings or a pendant instead of a ring. But I would have no problems wearing a <1ct RHR, even if it did look a little like an engagement ring.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I voted smaller stones because I've never been engaged but this ring is always on my right hand. A gift to myself for my 33rd birthday
1.gif

I wish my phone took better pictures...

birthdayring33y.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for stacking bands bc I love that look. But I would have also voted for a gemstone ring of some sort. I''m not into a ton of RHR either, but I do plan on having a sapphire asscher RHR one day. And of course a lot of stacking bands!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gemstones definitely. :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
There isn''t an option to select everything, but you guys have all seen my RHR collection.
3.gif

I have a couple of small-ish halo''d diamonds, a few gemstone rings, and a few stacking bands. I only wear one ring, or at most 2 on my right hand. Sometimes I''ll pair a stacker with a halo, or sometimes I''ll wear nothing at all!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I used to love rings. Now I am at a stage where I am in a more simplistic and understated style. If I do wear a RHR, I like a simple band by itself, with gemstones, diamonds, etc. I just like it to be muted on its own. Like 2-4mm on its own.

That is just on my own hand. I have short stubby fingers and wear a size 4.25 ring and I absolutely hate my weird overwrinkled knuckles and big bulgding blue veins that pop from my hands... they are disgusting. So I hate to do or wear anything that draws attn to my hands... including color nailpolish.

That said, other women have BEAUTIFUL HANDS with long and beautiful nail beds that grow long and beautifully manicured nails. (Obviously they help.) These hands can support large stones - and I LOVE SEEING THEM ON THEM... but on me... well... yuk.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
A little better

birthdayring33years.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the "All of the above" choice?
9.gif

For RHRs, it''s whatever goes.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Starset, your ring is gorgeous!!!!!! Please describe it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to wear my rolling ring on my right hand...but I lost it.
7.gif
Now I wear my solitaire and wedding band on my RH--I''m going through a divorce but I still LOVE my rings so I switched them to my RH. I don''t call them wedding rings anymore, upon Tacori E-ring''s suggestion I now refer to them as "celebrations of independence." Before I began this phase of life, I would have sooner dropped dead than wear a solitaire on my RH, but obviously tastes change according to life circumstances.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I wrote "other types" but really for me, it should be "all of the above." I think everyone has very different tastes, and also different things look good on different people, and so its really a question of personal taste and comfort - what looks good on you, and what do you enjoy wearing.
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I thought about wearing my upgrade on my RH, and keeping my original set on my left. I think my DH would like me to, as well... but perhaps he''s just wanting to stake out all the ring-finger real estate! Smart man!

I''m going for the solitaire on my traditional married finger though...perhaps one day a three-stone or five-stone for my right middle finger?
12.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
For me, I wear (and never take off) my sterling claddaugh ring on my right hand. I love stacking rings also. To each their own, really.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:22:03 AM
Author: EBree
Where''s the ''All of the above'' choice?
9.gif

For RHRs, it''s whatever goes.

I think so too! But if you''re talking diamond RHR, I personally wouldn''t go with a diamond that''s larger than my e-ring. I dunno - somehow it just wouldn''t feel right to me.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I realized recently that I'm not satisfied with my choices of RHRs and want something that is "important" more than just jewelry. So I've been researching family rings, crest rings, seal rings, etc. and have found some ideas that I'm interested in. Basically it would be a Clan ring made in reverse as a "seal ring" for wax sealing. I'm Scottish and so is my husband's family so that only seems appropriate. I have a special piece of jewelry that I intend to have remade in to this ring if they'll do that, it's 22k gold, unless they'll make it in platinum. I haven't seen any in pt though. I visualize this piece as substantial and weighty but somewhat feminine too. This from Dexter seal rings.

seal ring.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
For whatever reason, my own preference is for my engagement ring to be my only large-center-stone type piece. Besides that piece, I feel awkward wearing anything but bands. No clue why!

I would truly love a sapphire + diamonds three-stone of some kind (round + pears, cushion + half moons), but realistically, I don't think I'd ever feel it 'looks right.' I've often wondered about why I think this way!!

Cnspotts, I really like that crest ring you posted! Very very pretty!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love hearing all these different perspectives!

Spotts, I love the idea of a seal ring. I always look adoringly at the carnelian and onyx carved seal rings. The personal connection would be sooo cool! And I happen to be a lover of yellow gold!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! A seal ring wd be very interesting indeed. But I wonder if non-clan associated people can have one specially designed...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A RHR on my hand would feel uncomfortable to me for some reason. I don''t like to wear a lot of jewelry and am happy with just earrings, wedding set, and a pendant.

For a while I contemplated buying a band with small diamonds, but then realized that any RHR wouldn''t be my style.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Up, my first metal of choice is always 18 or 21k yellow gold, currently wearing a thick 18k band, but I tend to wear w/g LH/RH interchangeably, specially halos since my bands won't sit flush.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure I make some people twitch, because I frequently mix my metals. Right now I''m wearing wg & plat on my LH, and 14k yellow on my right. I have an 18k yellow and diamond necklace with white gold martini studs!
19.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:21:21 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
Wow! A seal ring wd be very interesting indeed. But I wonder if non-clan associated people can have one specially designed...
I have a ring similar to this, but mine has nothing to do with a clan. Mine is a woman on horseback and is a reproduction of an actual seal. My brother-in-law who recently passed away had a large collection of "fob" seals. Some were rings and some were just the seal itself. Some of the seals were carved into gemstones. He has (had) a seal that came from Princess Diana''s family.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love gemstones as RHR''s. Something like the Aquamarine legacy-I would love that as a RHR.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need an all of the above choice. None of these choices work for me.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:31:19 AM
Author: monarch64
I used to wear my rolling ring on my right hand...but I lost it.
7.gif
Now I wear my solitaire and wedding band on my RH--I''m going through a divorce but I still LOVE my rings so I switched them to my RH. I don''t call them wedding rings anymore, upon Tacori E-ring''s suggestion I now refer to them as ''celebrations of independence.'' Before I began this phase of life, I would have sooner dropped dead than wear a solitaire on my RH, but obviously tastes change according to life circumstances.

2.gif
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:19:51 AM
Author: Starset Princess
A little better
I love this ring Starset. It''s gorgeous!

I''m definitely a gemstone RHR girl, but if I ever do buy any diamonds, they will go on my right hand!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks All!!!

It''s 18K with tiny little prong set diamonds (actually upon inspection today three are missing but it''s hard to tell because they''re set in white gold) with five bigger point diamonds also prong set. It''s all fused - not a rollling band.

It sparkles and it satisfies my urge to have something shiney to look at and I didn''t need a man to buy it for me
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results