shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you decide what you want when you love everything?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It took me 9 months to decide on a 3 stone setting then a couple more to complete it, then i ended up resetting it in the same style but with some tweaking 2 years later lol.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I can relate! I lost my original e-ring (1.3ct round w/baguette sides). I rushed into a replacement (2ct cushion) w/halo and trapezoid side stones in a custom setting with lots of detail. After about a year I fell out of love with it. I finally confessed to my husband that I thought I made a mistake and I didn't love it as my e-ring. To my surprise, he said he didn't love it either but he felt bad about my first ring and just wanted me to get what I want. (love him!). We traded the cushion for a 2.3ct round and I put a tanzanite in the halo setting which made all the difference. The contrast makes that setting stunning now where it just disappeared with the cushion - too much crushed ice.

I was paralyzed by the choices and fear of making another expensive mistake so I put the round diamond in a plain solitaire and left it there for 2 years while I gradually figured out what I wanted to do. I started a file on my computer and a faves file on Pinterest and Instagram. Every time I found something I liked I threw it in there. After a while, I started to notice patterns and similarities in what I was liking. I even realized I had saved the same ring several times in my faves folder. I also took every chance to try on rings and I ordered a ton of cz rings to try (and then return) just for size, shape, dimensions, the height of setting etc.

While on a work trip to NYC I tried on a honker of a 3-stone at TIffany and I was done. I went back with my husband to try it on again so he could see and he loved it too. It just looked good on my hand. So then the quest was on to find MY 3-stone setting and I wanted to choose my own side stones which took some time. I'm a psycho about the profile view and proportions and I obsess over the prongs. While the tiffany ring was gorgeous I could not stop seeing the knobby prongs, it felt heavy in a way I didn't like and I wanted a little more detail. While putting things in my faves folder I also realized I kept saving things from the same few designers.

I ended up working with CVB and she was awesome to work with and really helped me organize my thoughts and visualize what I had in my head. Using the Tiffany ring and another antique 3-stone as inspiration, we added tiny french cuts to the band, dainty milgrain and pointy claw prongs that are absolutely invisible. It feels substantial and airy and light at the same time. The side view and all the proportions are spot-on. So...the process is a journey. Take your time to let your ideas evolve. Try on as many things as you can and have some fun!!

The ring in your photo is absolutely stunning! Well worth the effort you put into it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I'd just go for it lol. Release the pressure for it to be your forever ring! Buy a diamond in whatever shape you fancy from a vendor with a very good trade in policy, choose whatever setting makes you smile, and just accept that you may trade in and reset over the years. ENjoy it! Life is too short to spend a lot of time "planning" (i.e., anxiously ruminating) when you could be wearing and enjoying it.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results