shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you combine the stone and the setting together from two different vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
I''m just wondering, i think we are buying the stone from ERD, but i''m just not sure about the setting so far. As you would read in my previous posts, it is a 1.61 cushion cut. Although ERD says they can make the setting and I saw myself a very good example; i''m still hesitating to go with the imitation versus the original. Leon Mege seems to be ok, but I haven''t seen his work in real life so far. If we end up deciding to get the setting from somewhere else, how will we do? Will we pick up the stone from ERD and bring to the setting designer or vice versa? If it''s the first way around, how will we be confident about giving our stone away to a stranger???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lady!

It depends on your preference, to a certain extent. It can also depends on the setting. For instance, I know with D'Vatche, they have to set it, to keep the warranty on it.

My thoughts tend to be, let the setting designer set it, as they are most familiar with their settings/metals, obviously. But you can have either one do it, provided there's no warranty issue.

And I would not be concerned with the "stranger" aspect at all.
2.gif

HTH

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto what Ellen said. Just make sure the setting designer is a well known name. I wouldn''t leave my diamond with just anyone.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
ok, then i guess all we need to is to find a trustable designer. Thanks for all the advice.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results