shape
carat
color
clarity

how do you clean your ring? And how often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
I''ve had my diamond ring for a month now and I have yet to clean it. I take it off to do anything that might get it the slightest bit dirty. I''m just afraid something might damage the stone or loosen the prongs. It''s a Mark Morrell platinum solitaire, six heart prongs, no side stones. Any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks! btw, it''s not an antique diamond as my name suggests!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee, you are the type of person I am not with my ring...I wear it for EVERYTHING. It's insured anyway so I figure I might as well wear it!
1.gif

I clean it daily each morning with windex and a small wire brush head. It drives me insane when it's dirty. Run an archive search on cleaning your ring, you will find tons of other threads asking the same question you did...lots of info in there!
1.gif

Have fun!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
We run around on this forum discussing the merits of the 4 c's. The 5th c is by far the most important - cleanliness - diamonds are sponges for grime.

You can have a super duper louper D/IF w/ mm's of greasy film & it will look like frozen spit.

I clean my diamond every other time I wash my hair. I stick it in a solution of 1/3 sudsy ammonia & water while I shower. When I get out the blow dryer, I get out the toothbrush & brush the ring. Then, I blow it dry.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I wash my ring in a sudsy ammonia mix perhaps once a week. About once a month I put it in the ultrasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results