shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you avoid windows with online vendors?

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
I have only bought some inexpensive stones so far. But, one day I would like to be able to get something really nice that has a nice cut and no window. How can you tell from looking at the pictures of a stone if it has a window or not? I know once you have it in hand if you can read text through it looking straight down that it has one...but what do you do to better your chances of not getting a stone with a window when you purchase it just from a picture? Thank you in advance.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Easy... email the vendor and ask!

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
Really? And they will usually tell you? I just want to make sure I don't offend anyone either. I didn't think that all vendors would be so open about that.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
iolitedreamer|1304723895|2914359 said:
Really? And they will usually tell you? I just want to make sure I don't offend anyone either. I didn't think that all vendors would be so open about that.

If I have any doubt at all, I ask, and I have never had a vendor be anything but completely direct and honest about it. The vendors whose names you hear most often on PS have good reputations as being quality craftsmen and craftswomen, but also excellent reputations for being fine human beings. It's all pretty simple, really. However, it's also a reason to only buy from vendors with good return policies, because if I ever did receive a stone that had a window that I had asked about in advance,and been assured of "no window," it would be returned immediately, and I would never buy from that vendor again.

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your candidness and help. Hopefully, when the time comes it will all go smoothly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results