shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you assure quality of smaller diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dedicated

Rough_Rock
Hi all, and what a wonderful find this site has turned out to be. I really enjoy reading all the wonderful information that is provided. Thank you. In other posts I have noted that the Sarin reports along with the certification are important parts to help one choose a diamond.
My question is, how do you assure the quality of smaller diamonds? For instance, I have a center stone GIA certified and Sarin report is pending, however there are 12 smaller, 0.08 catrat (8 points?), side stones that are to be placed. How does one assure that you''re getting the same quality as the larger stone? Do you request Sarin reports on those too or are they too truly too small to bother?
Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 9:44:47 AM
Author:dedicated
Hi all, and what a wonderful find this site has turned out to be. I really enjoy reading all the wonderful information that is provided. Thank you. In other posts I have noted that the Sarin reports along with the certification are important parts to help one choose a diamond.
My question is, how do you assure the quality of smaller diamonds? For instance, I have a center stone GIA certified and Sarin report is pending, however there are 12 smaller, 0.08 catrat (8 points?), side stones that are to be placed. How does one assure that you''re getting the same quality as the larger stone? Do you request Sarin reports on those too or are they too truly too small to bother?
Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
I certainly wouldn''t bother. Just make sure they are of good quality & cut to American Round Brilliant standards.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are people out there with plenty of money, and who insist on the assurance that they are buying the best of the best regardless of the cost of that assurance.

Paying $1200+ for GIA reports on twelve 8-pointers does not fit my values or pocketbook, but it may fit yours.
Also doesn't the GIA have a 6-8 week waiting list?

dedicated

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your responses. They are much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results