shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you answer the nae-sayers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rockford

Rough_Rock
You know, the people who look at you like you're effing crazy for considering making a purcahse of this magnitude online.
I'm sure most everyone here knows what I mean. Example: I talked with a traditional, store-front guy yesterday and he actually seemed to get kind of angry with me once I mentioned I was considering buying online, and why I thought I could save money by doing it.
I mean the guy was an idiot, but I gotta admit he's got me rethinking the whole thing in spite of myself...and it actually pisses me off that he could make me doubt my decision like that!
I don't know, there's no real point to this post I guess but I was just wondering if others had been, for want of a better term, "scorned", for buying a diamond online.
I guess the proof's in the pudding and I'm looking forward to throwing it in this guy's face once my stone arrives.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rockford, I'm looking forward for the conclusion of your story. Promise to post it here.

Hope it'll have happy ending :)

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
When I go to look at local jewelry stores, I always tell the trog behind the desk that I will be buying my stone through a "connection" that I have. If they push, I lie and say that my uncle is a diamond wholesaler.

Opticcurve

Rough_Rock
I just received the diamond I bought online yesterday. I immediately took it to an appraiser who estimated its value at two and a half times what I paid for it. The appraiser's jaw dropped when I told her how much it cost. Buying from a B & M store just seems silly these days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results