shape
carat
color
clarity

How do wax molds work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sketch

Rough_Rock
I have a wax mold of my fiance''s new setting from a small local jeweler. The design is modern and unique yet simple and elegant.

How does the process of turning this into a ring work...and are there any important things I should know?

I have a friend who was a salesperson for Helzberg and she told me to be careful of bubbles? And to get a gurantee on the setting in case something goes during the process and the ring breaks down the road.

Of course, we''re getting it insured. But how big a problem are bubbles in settings?

Thanks!

confused.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Sketch
Modern casting machines cast in a vacuum thus eliminating porosity.
However there is always a possibility if the mould (cylinder) is not properly prepared or pre-heated to the correct temp. This is a component of workman ship that can affect any product. What I am trying to say is, the technology is sound. Choose a reputable company with good quality control and you should be OK

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results