shape
carat
color
clarity

How do virtual inventory returns really work?

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
I recently purchased online from a vendor with access to a "virtual inventory" an engagement stone and stones for studs. I really really like all three and may want to keep them. But the engagement stone could be larger and the stud stones could be more precisely cut. So I have ordered some others to look at but they wont be in until next week, and the stones I have wolud have to be sent back to stay within the vendor's return policy. I asked the vendor for an extenion of the return policy and was told that "providing an extension on the returns policy is not possible as we ourselves get a limited returns policy from our diamond partners." I'm having a hard time believing it's that strict. They have a buyer who is likely to keep the stones, but they would rather lose the sale than grant a brief extension? Is there any way I can convince the vendor to give me an extension? Can't the vendor just ask the supplier(s)?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This isn’t the same business as earth diamonds. If you think about it, the natural diamond business developed over generations. There are norms and standards.
The rate of growth in the lab grown field means so many new players entering the market. l’ve found that the lab only operations , as opposed to dealers selling both, tend to be very inflexible.
I agree that it makes no sense to force you, but that’s the new lab diamond world. Sad to see companies behave like that. But there’s still holdouts and hopefully we won’t all die off too soon.

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
This isn’t the same business as earth diamonds. If you think about it, the natural diamond business developed over generations. There are norms and standards.
The rate of growth in the lab grown field means so many new players entering the market. l’ve found that the lab only operations , as opposed to dealers selling both, tend to be very inflexible.
I agree that it makes no sense to force you, but that’s the new lab diamond world. Sad to see companies behave like that. But there’s still holdouts and hopefully we won’t all die off too soon.

I received the same response when I asked for an extension on a natural diamond in 2017.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same company?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is not uncommon for that to be the case.
If its a supplier they deal with often they might be able to get extensions but the answer can be no.
Other times if its a stone they would want for stock they can be flexible.
That said no extension is more the norm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results