shape
carat
color
clarity

How do people actually ship diamonds back for returns?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by SillyMonkee, Aug 23, 2019.

1. SillyMonkee
    Rough_Rock

by SillyMonkee » Aug 23, 2019
    The vendor shipped to me UPS. Sadly, while beautiful, the diamond isn't exactly what I'm looking for, and at this price point I can't keep it unless it's perfect for me. I go to ship back with UPS and run into a "you can't ship anything of more than $500 value as a private individual" policy. So... any suggestions on how I can get this diamond solitaire ring from San Francisco back to England?!? USPS limits insurance at $2,499 and prohibits jewels shipping to the UK (...according to the info I found on its website).

Glamour shot included because I'm just so pleased to have gotten it in focus.
    DSC_0564.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds and Lykame like this.

2. Mina-Lo
    Rough_Rock

by Mina-Lo » Aug 24, 2019
    @SillyMonkee
    It looks like a beautiful stone to me, can I ask why you're not happy with it? Does it not perform how you thought it would or the patterning not to your liking?
    What are the stats on the stone?

3. MK Malone
    Shiny_Rock

by MK Malone » Aug 24, 2019
    I sent two diamonds back to two different vendors. I contacted them over the phone to let them know I wanted to return the stone. They sent me a return label (both were FedEx) along with instructions via email. I had no problems.

lovedogs, elizat, Slick1 and 2 others like this.
  4. KKJohnson
    Brilliant_Rock

by KKJohnson » Aug 24, 2019
    I agree the shipper should send you a return label

elizat and Slick1 like this.

5. Slick1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Slick1 » Aug 24, 2019
    This. Even if you have to pay them for the return label, it is well worth it. Sorry it didn’t work out for you. Looks pretty. More pics? :P2

6. elizat
    Brilliant_Rock

by elizat » Aug 24, 2019
    I have asked for a return label before. I have offered to pay for it as well if needed.

7. Tartansparkles
    Rough_Rock

by Tartansparkles » Aug 24, 2019
    I did an overseas return when I purchased from and returned a ring to Blue Nile (Dublin to Scotland). I tried but wasn't able to find a company that would ship the ring for me and in the end it was easiest to use the Blue Nile service (but pricey, £40-50).

They provided the shipping label and the ring had to be double boxed with nothing to identify the contents. Like others have said probably easiest to ask the vendor for a return label.

lovedogs likes this.
  8. SillyMonkee
    Rough_Rock

by SillyMonkee » Aug 26, 2019
    @Mina-Lo - Thanks! It *is* a beautiful stone, but it's slightly smaller than I want (I measure it at 8.3 mm and I'm really hoping to cross the 9 mm threshold with this upgrade) and I prefer the checkerboard look of transitionals rather than the more flowery cut. If only one of those were not to my taste, I might just keep it - it's SO pretty! - but I know I'd just end up wanting to try again for The One all too soon, so time to set this beauty free to find her real final home.

More pics? IF YOU INSIST...
    DSC_0531.jpg DSC_0545.jpg DSC_0551.jpg

staci76, Pimberly, Mina-Lo and 2 others like this.
  9. SillyMonkee
    Rough_Rock

by SillyMonkee » Aug 26, 2019
    Thanks all for the replies! I've already contacted the seller about a return label, so hopefully this will go smoothly. For those interested, it was sold uncerted as 2.15 ct, H SI2. I think the color is more a J/K (but I'm very color sensitive) and it's totally eye clean to me. I didn't take it out of the setting, but I measure it as 8.3 mm.

Mina-Lo and Daisys and Diamonds like this.
  10. Lykame
    Brilliant_Rock

by Lykame » Aug 26, 2019
    Hope it goes smoothly!

It looks much more tinted than an H or even to be honest J/K but equally it looks to have a brown undertone (which I personally really like) and I know that skews the colour grading.

Best of luck for your search for the one!

Mamabean and Mina-Lo like this.

11. Daisys and Diamonds
    Brilliant_Rock

by Daisys and Diamonds » Aug 26, 2019
    glad its working out for you
    shame the ring wasn't quite what you were after
    but beautiful cactus ring shots i just have to say:appl:

Lykame likes this.
  12. Mina-Lo
    Rough_Rock

by Mina-Lo » Aug 26, 2019
    @SillyMonkee I'd buy this from you in a heartbeat if it was within my budget, it's gorgeous:love:

13. Wewechew
    Brilliant_Rock

by Wewechew » Aug 26, 2019
    Beautiful stone! Definitely more warm than an H.