shape
carat
color
clarity

How do insurance claims work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
So yesterday I noticed a small chip in my ring along the girdle. You run your finger nail along it and can see it and you can see it with a naked eye. When I took my ring in just over a month ago for its check up and cleaning it was not there.

My ring is insured so I called the insurance company and he put in a claim and a claims adjuster is supposed to contact me.

My question is, if the the claims adjuster decides to not replace or fix it, what does that mean for my diamond? Is more susceptible to cracking or further chipping?

If they decide to have it fixed, how does that work? Would I just have to keep having it fixed? I can''t see how a fixed chip would last a life time.

If they decide to replace it, how does that work? Do they just give me money at the appraised value and then get a new diamond? Would they pick the diamond out or would I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results