shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I read this ASET image. What are your thoughts?

cramir

Rough_Rock
The diamond is set on a 6 prong setting.

img_0186__2_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too tiny to tell a thing (please magnify it), and is the diamond tilted relative to the camera (that will skew the results)?

cramir

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1460554038|4018685 said:
Too tiny to tell a thing (please magnify it), and is the diamond tilted relative to the camera (that will skew the results)?

I do not know if the diamond is tilted relative to the camera. When I looked with my eyes, it looked exactly the same. Here is the zoomed image:

screen_shot_2016-04-13_at_9.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this yours or are you still in the decision stage?
Does it come with GIA paperwork? If so, can you please post the stats (all the angles and percentages)

I ask because if there's no chance of making any changes, then all these are moot point.

cramir

Rough_Rock
Its mine. Cert # 218615601 1

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A HCA score under 2 has very strong potential to be top performers, which one then verifies with the ASET image. Yours scores HCA 3.7, which the ASET confirms. I always worry when a poster requests an opinion on the cut of their diamond, which is past the point of no returns, and it becomes a very sensitive subject when the news isn't as expected or hoped.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stone with such ASET and proportion is not something we generally recommend.
1.Lack of clear arrow shaped contrast pattern
2. Signifant Light leakage under the table
3. Excessive green (less bright) around the edge
4. Too deep (less spread)
Still offers good amount of white light return, though not enough fire and sparkle and contrast I suspect.

Not an ugly stone. Not an ideal stone either.
Not a stone most PSers will buy

cramir

Rough_Rock
The reason why I bought it is because I compared it with ideal diamonds. I had two ideal diamonds and this diamond. All three looked amazing with no difference at all, even outside in the daylight. The only thing I could tell a difference was the price! :lol:

I understand it does not have the ideal proportions and not the best ASET image, in real life, it looked as beautiful as ideally cut stones priced 25% higher.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were they AGS0 or only GIA 3X? The reason I ask is that there are some GIA 3X diamonds that aren't good performers due to rounding of the numbers. Also, a more accurate test is to have the diamonds viewed under less than ideal light conditions (natural sunlight and the dreaded fluorescent lights) away from the store's flashy lights.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then, it is a great choice as long as you have done comparison and research and know what exactly you are getting and potential resale value. Again, it offers plenty of light return. From a distance, the aset reminds me of the aset of some european cut stones.

No need to pay any premium for details you cannot see.

If you prefered a stone with great light return, we would have recommended a 60/60 which is also traded at a discount in comparison with stones with the orthodox ideal proportions.

Enjoy your stone.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
flyingpig|1460559594|4018729 said:
Then, it is a great choice as long as you have done comparison and research and know what exactly you are getting ...
Enjoy your stone.

Great advice for you in this thread. Often people get so wrapped up in the numbers they forget that, ultimately, the answer is: Do you love the diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results