shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I photograph a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if there is already a thread on this. If there is, I can''t find it.

I have a Canon Rebel XT (Digital SLR) and a Canon Powershot G9 (Point and Shoot) cameras. I''ve tried to use both the take pictures of a ring but I''m having a tough time getting both cameras to focus on the rings. Any tips on how you take pictures of a ring?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I think storm did a tutorial type thread on this, I will try and find it. In the mean time, you need to use the macro setting (usually a little tulip type symbol) and I prefer not to use a flash. It can be tedious, and you will take a gazillion photos to end up with only a few "PS-worthy shots" but hey, it''s all fun right! And I think it was Ellen who suggested this (?!) but taking photos in the fridge is fantastic - you get awesome arrow shots! Have fun
36.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
I have the Canon Rebel too. What I need to do is put it on the Macro setting (the setting with the flower) and then go to a place with lots of natural lighting, and shoot away. If I do to a place with not enough lighting, the flash will automatically go off, and the picture is too bright. Also, I try to face AWAY from the sun, so the ring gets more light. I''m not an expert yet, but this helped me so far in capturing some still shots of my ring.

My Canon point and shoot is much easier to use than the Rebel- I simply put in on auto mode, turn off flash, turn on Macro, and then shoot away. If your hand tends to treble, use a tripod :) That''s it!

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results