shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I not think about it??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine,
I think your bday plan sounds great and so does the gift. I was thinking of paella when you mentioned fish and Spanish food. Yum!! My mom made it not too long ago and I''ll see if she has a recipe.
I am now going to steal your idea of sending an e-card to the bf..
1.gif

I''m glad you''re feeling better! Part of me now wants to go and talk to my bf but I must refrain!!!
Just keep thinking about how fast these past few months have gone...not many more to go!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, don''t beat yourself up when you freak out! It happens. Sure as heck happened to me even though my fi probably rates off the scale for trustworthiness! You''re not crazy. This is just such a hard time. Don''t feel bad about your sis either, mine was about the same too!
20.gif
Good thing for her she lives far away, I wanted to throttle her!

He''s going to ask you, everything will be fine, and you''ll be thrilled when he does! don''t worry!
5.gif
35.gif

Spongy

Rough_Rock
Mandarine

I don''t know much about you and your bf but from what ''ve read, you two seem very much in love.
So don''t worry, I''m sure he''ll propose soon! Sometimes guys need to feel secure in their finances before proposing ( that''s what someone once told me, not sure how true it is tho!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, I was out of town when I read this...but my response is simple...well 'simple' for me since I typically have like 3 paragraphs of text.
5.gif

Chill out. It'll happen. Don't feel bad for freaking out. But next time you want to freak out..think about this thread and post and read all the responses over. Patience is super hard to come by in this situation. But you know it's going to happen and that is the best feeling ever. So just relax and enjoy it. You will never have this time again in your life to appreciate.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dixie, Travelingal, Becky, Indie, Spongy and Mara!
9.gif

I know I''m not a literal idiot, but I did feel like one!. I was telling my sister (that finally understood where I was coming from) that this last conversation and re-re-re-re-assurance should get me through the rest of the year!...hehehe

Mara - I will remember this thread next time. Maybe I need little PSers to be on my shoulder and slap me when I''m about to freak out...hehe
2.gif

I know it will come soon
21.gif
...but I''m also ok if plans change just as long as we can talk about it. I don''t think I need to worry though...it just makes me feel better to know that he knows that he can just come to me and talk if anything changes...because this is not a drop dead date.

I trust him and he knows how I feel so like you said Mara, I just need to enjoy this time because I won''t have it again!!

It''s just a time of so many emotions! anxiety, happiness, a little nervousness (just from knowing what is to come!), excitement...all these emotions into one little heart (well, two hearts because I know he''s probably the same!)

I''m such a dork I''ve been doing my nails more (of course the dark fall colors) and then I''m wondering if I want my first engagement shots with dark nails...haha. The things that go through my head sometimes!
12.gif

M~

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 8:38:49 PM
Author: Mandarine
I''m such a dork I''ve been doing my nails more (of course the dark fall colors) and then I''m wondering if I want my first engagement shots with dark nails...haha. The things that go through my head sometimes!
12.gif

M~
You''re so cute! But, I do the same thing when I think it might be a good weekend for a surprise proposal. I usually go with french though...
emwink.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine,

Well I think like anything else in life that is a REALLY big deal, you''re entitled to the emotions you are feeling right now. It''s a huge step to be engaged, and a huge step to be making this kind of commitement. Keep busy, and venting with the LIW. I personally love it when longish time LIW get engaged, it makes me smile. It''s coming!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Becky - That''s what I meant. I love the dark colors for fall/winter, but would rather have a french for those first picures! hehe. I''m going dark anyway since I just have this feeling that it won''t happen this month!...so for now, I''ll go for fashion!
9.gif
...haha...

Ally - Thanks for chimming in
9.gif
. I do love seeing all the "old" girls getting engaged! after following the stories is just very exciting!!!
36.gif

M~

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i now think mine won't happen this month either..after poking around and asking about our wkend plans (i veiled it by saying i had a lot of work so needed to know what our next few wks looked like), he just gave me blank looks and said nothing planned, so ugh, more weeks to wait..

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
well...be patient Janine it will come soon!!!

This weekend it's his birthday and we're hanging out with friends. I still don't know what I'll make for a special dinner, but I'm leaning towards the enchilada recipe
18.gif

His gift is ready to go!. I skipped the shredder since it's more than what I wanted to spend. Instead I made him a "book" using powerpoint to tell him what his gift is (the kiteboarding lessons). I went to have the book printed and binded nicely and then wrapped it in a box....it looks awesome and he will be so confused!
31.gif
. The book is about what he/we did this past year (trips, activities, etc) with pictures and some clipart...and then I ask what he wants to do this year? so I get into which activities he will do!...like something new, adventurous, something that will require willingness to get wet, swim with the sharks, fly like a bird, use sunscreen (each hint in a different page with little pictures) and then....I revealed the gift with some cool kiteboarding pictures I found on the web
1.gif

I think I might be more excited than he will be!!!
10.gif
...should be fun seeing him get through the book...
36.gif

M~

ETA: I was just thinking that maybe he'll wonder if I'm proposing by the way I did the book...hahaha....that would be pretty funny if he thought that!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I just got back to my house!..

He loved his gift!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
He was so excited going through the book...and so was everyone else in the table! (it wasn''t a mushy or extremely personal book so I decided to give it to him after dinner!. He''s so excited to get to try kiteboarding!...I can only imagine how sexy he will look doing it
30.gif
...me and my doggie can watch from the beach!

I ended up making a Paella and it was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif
I will post some pictures so you guys can judge ;-) ...I was very impressed and he was so excited!

I think he had was a great birthday!!!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Here is when I was just starting.....

paella1.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
This is when it was all done!!!...I was just being funny making freaky faces in case it wasn't good! hehe (excuse the mess in the kitchen!)

ETA: Also excuse my red face!. Some of you might have read my post in the Hangout..."Fell for an infomercail!!". Well. I bought these products by Cindy Crawford and some fancy European doctor....and yesterday I started developing an allergic reaction and now my face is all red
7.gif
...now I have to figure out how I make my face better soon!....it itches
39.gif
....I've learned my lesson...never to buy stuff from an infomercial!!!

paella2.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
The chef with the birthday boy
30.gif

paella3.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Let''s just say I may have made TOO much!!!!!!

paella4.JPG

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go M and happy bday to your man! It looks yummy, I''m glad he loved your gift!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you IrishAngel!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cute are these pics? The paella looks DELISH. Please do post the recipe as I have been wanting to make it forever. BTW, LOVE your apron. I can''t cook without one and TGuy always jokes that I look like such a goof in it, but I am such a SLOB when I cook.

Glad it went so well!
36.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
You two look so cute together! What an attractive couple the two of you make!

OK, I gotta ask for the recipe. That paella looks scrumptious!!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TraveligGal and Julian!!!!!!

I'll be glad to share the recipe!!!!. My step-mom gave it to me step by step so I will post it soon! (I left it at my BF's house!). I will ask him to bring it when he comes down next weekend!. I'll just post in into a different thread so you guys have it (without having to keep checking here) :)

It's lot of prep work, but it's really easy once the prep is done (cutting up veggies, cleaning the seafood..etc). My step-mom said it was one of those "you can't mess it up" kind of recipes...she was right! I followed it exactly and it was really good!!
18.gif

I love the apron too
4.gif
. My BF gave it to me as a reminder of our Montana vacation! (we ran into a Grizzly bear!)

Thank you for the nice compliments!!!!
4.gif

M~

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Aw, I''m glad you had a great time this weekend!
9.gif
It was my brother''s birthday too, so I had a great time at my parent''s.

The food looks great and you two are so cute! I so need an apron...
28.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
great pics! i think it''s funny you used to be shy about showing pics and now,no longer! I didn''t even notice that your face was red, you''ll have to tell us if you recommend the products otherwise.
paella looked awesome and your bf looks verrrry happy!
thanks for sharing!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
the product sucks!!..haha....it made my face bumpy, red, itchy! I already sent them a long e-mail and will be returning the products!. I learned my lesson now!
29.gif

I figured once I shared one picture then there is no reason to not share more...you''ve already seen me and him! hehe

M~

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Dinner looks delish and you are too darn cute, Mandarine!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are too cute! Hubba hubba HUNK-sky!
2.gif

I''ll stand by for the "how to" on that dish also.
18.gif
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kimberly!. I'm still saving the enchilada's recipe! Maybe this weekend!!! I just love cooking!

My BF loved the Paella....he was so happy that day his smile almost didn't fit in his face!!!. Just thinking about spending the rest of my life with him makes my heart beat so fast with happiness!....
30.gif

M~

ETA: haha Deco!!!! Thank you
1.gif
!!!!!. I saw your post after I had replied to Kim. The dish is really super easy and won't fail
9.gif
. I'll post it later in the hangout for anyone interested (I left it at his house so I have to ask him to bring it back!)...

M~

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Is it me or this couple is Demi Moore and George Cloony 25 years ago?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 11:42:33 AM
Author: Pricescope
Is it me or this couple is Demi Moore and George Cloony 25 years ago?

haha, thanks!!!!...but I only wished I looked even a little bit like Demi looks today!

Him as George Clooney?...well, I''m biased and can''t really be objective, so I would vote for my BF to be the sexiest man alive...hehe
2.gif
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
The food looks....SOOOOO good. Oh my gosh, I am starving looking at it. You two look gorgeous, gorgeous. And I really can''t wait to ogle some engagement pics of you two
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Mandarine what cutie pictures!! you two are adorable! i love the kitchen too (i''m a total kitchen whore!!)...and the paella looks yummy too. mmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results