shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I know where to look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kristy121

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forums, and have quite a few questions.

I am looking for my engagment ring - BF proposed with a smaller ring and said I get to pick it all out myself!!! We are on a budget of $6000 Max.

I really want a minimum of 1 carat if possible, and am looking at either a princess or a cushion cut, I have mostly looked at blue nile.

So I guess my q''s are......

1. How do I choose the diamond?
2. Where is the best place to buy from? We are in Canada so looking to do this online.
3.Anyone know of any sites that have bands that have the little diamonds that are completely flush with the band? similar to this one:
http://www.whiteflash.com/pimg/jewelry/gi_WFR-UDmPtPv_f.jpg but more spread out and only a few?

4. Is there any way to have it so the diamond dosent sit so high up on my finger? Every one I have tried on locally sits about an inch high and I am not so into that look on myself.

I know this is alot of questions, but I would REALLY appreciate Any input anyone might have!

Thank you all SO MUCH!!!
face23.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Kristy, welcome.

Re 1 & 2...

Notes under my signature may help.
For princesses, AGS0 certification helps you judge the goodness of cut
Blue Nile may uniquely help you in Canada for shopping, based on their set ups
Also, USA certed is there in Toronto
and however, both WF and Exceldiamonds do a significant trade in ags0 princesses
and another source includes Paul''s infinity network

Regards,

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome also Kristy
35.gif

You can request that your diamond is set lower when you have it done, most setters will be accomodating. I am no expert on Princess cuts, but you could do a lot worse than check out WF's ACA Princess, makes it much easier. This is an example, with a nice mid range colour and clarity for you to see.

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-47405.htm

Kristy121

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much guys!!

I really appreciate the help - After work today I am going to check out those sites. It''s so hard to know who online is reputable to buy from! But the Whiteflash site I looked at quickly and it looks nice!

Thank you again!
face6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results