shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I know this Tiffany Ruby ring is authentic?

zedflying

Rough_Rock
I am eyeing on this Ruby ring on an auction side. Except for the tiffany stamp there is no box or certification. Any sharp eyes here? For the stamp, the strange thing is that there is no @c before the Tiffany & Co stamp. Not sure if it’s common or not. Any other signs to know whether it’s authentic Tiffany or a knockoff? Also I am pretty sure the Ruby is heated and possibly from Mozambique. IMG_4450.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4451.jpeg
    IMG_4451.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4452.jpeg
    IMG_4452.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
How do you know? You don’t, really, it needs to be sent to a lab for testing

zedflying

Rough_Rock
How do you know? You don’t, really, it needs to be sent to a lab for testing

what I meant is whether it’s an authentic Tiffany piece or knock off. The brand always comes with a premium.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You'd need either the appropriate authentication papers/point of sale and packaging or sent to an appraiser, otherwise it's a gamble.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks well made and the stone looks fine (if more raspberry than pigeon-blood) and the prongs are crisp. Hallmark looks pretty good. There is no way for a third party to confirm that it is actually Tiffany, barring the original documentation as @ItsMainelyYou points out. Experienced sellers know that it will not command a full (or even partial) "Tiffany premium."

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Standard Tiffany is treated rubies
The hallmarks look ok
I don’t understand what ur asking about the @sign

zedflying

Rough_Rock
Update: did not bid to the end. This piece ended with $6500+. With the retail price it is a deal but if the Ruby is heated and from Mozambique it’s probably not worth that much IMO
I am eyeing on this Ruby ring on an auction side. Except for the tiffany stamp there is no box or certification. Any sharp eyes here? For the stamp, the strange thing is that there is no @c before the Tiffany & Co stamp. Not sure if it’s common or not. Any other signs to know whether it’s authentic Tiffany or a knockoff? Also I am pretty sure the Ruby is heated and possibly from Mozambique. IMG_4450.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s tricky. For the price without a guarantee it’s Tiffany and a ruby report, too much in my opinion. Not sure why the ring is hallmarked for both 18ct gold (the 750) and Platinum (the PT950). Do Tiffany mix metals?

zedflying

Rough_Rock
It’s tricky. For the price without a guarantee it’s Tiffany and a ruby report, too much in my opinion. Not sure why the ring is hallmarked for both 18ct gold (the 750) and Platinum (the PT950). Do Tiffany mix metals?

I am also curious. It looks like the prongs are 18k gold. Maybe a completely custom piece? But on the other hand, if it’s authentic, it must be an expensive piece. Why didn’t it come with at least a box and some sort of certification/value report from Tiffany? I’ve go so many questions that’s why I didn’t risk it.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock

Tiffany absolutely does mixed metals
I have earrings and bracelets and they label both in this manner

In regards to the ring it looks like the prongs are 18k

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tuby is a bit pyrope garnet like. I know Tiffany doesn’t always use top notch colored gems in their pieces. I think $6500 is way too much for that ring, despite the Tiffany moniker.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Was the ring described as the Soleste? That’s what it resembles from the pictures. If so, would expect it to have the copyright “c” in front of T & Co. Also, in that style looks like they only do YG prongs with yellow diamonds, all the other colored stones and white diamonds have platinum prongs, and when YG is used the marking appears next to the PT one, not on the opposite side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results