shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I know my diamond wasnt swapped out??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clyparkr

Rough_Rock
Ok this might seem like a silly question... but when I finally decide on a diamond engagement ring how do I know the diamond that I was shown or purchased was actually the diamond that was put in my ring?

I feel like there is a potential for a large margin of error on the parts of some of these places... I mean I''ve ordered a book from Amazon.com before and I was sent the wrong book by accident... potentially I could see that happening with this

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it''s a silly question at all. When I went to see the appraiser this week he showed me the inclusions on my stone under a microspcope. Now I know how to look at my stone and identify it over all others. Many stones are also laser inscribed to identify them. I''m not as knowledgeable as others on this site, but I feel confident that I can identify my own diamond under a microscope, so I will insist on looking at it when it''s set.

Nancy

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you purchase the stone, you are usually given the cert. Verify with the jeweller''s master set (or an independent appraiser) that the colour and measurements are spot on. Also, match up the inclusions on your diamond as plotted on the cert through the store''s microscope. This is your stone''s recognition marks. When you get the completed ring back, you can guesstimate the measurements and refer to the inclusion plot to make sure the stone is the very same stone you purchased.

Also, most jewellers depend on their honest reputation to stay in business. All upright places will never dream of pulling the bait and switch on their clients. So, I''d go to a reputable place and make sure to check my inclusion plot.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Also, (not to spoil the party), but the average diamond isnt worth that much to the jeweller to swap and all the risk that goes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results