shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I KNOW it''s a good cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
First I''d like to say that you guys are GREAT!! I''ve been here at "work" reading posts since my first post this morning at 10:17am. I''ve learned a lot (but still not enough).

So here''s my question(s).

If I''ve read and learned enough it seems like the cut will have the biggest role in determining how nice the diamond is. Is that correct?

If that''s true how do I really know what a good cut is?

Forgive me here I''m still learning.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking for a super-duper ideal cut or something just below that? Are you looking for a mid-grade cut? What's your preference? Then we can help.

Super-duper cut, while cool, is kind of like buying a D color or an IF clarity. It's top-shelf, but it's not for everyone.

Most folks here consider cut to most important thing, but that doesn't mean it has to have the "super-duper" cut.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
I Ideally I'd like to stay near 10K for the ring. My MAX is 15K. It doesn't have the be THE best cut. I'd like to get something that's 1.5 or larger, but I am smart enough to know that sacrificing other elements just for a large size is not the way to go. I'm just trying to figure out how to know that it's going to be spectacular looking without seeing it in person.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

duplicate post - sorry

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Nice picks, Al. I noticed all were AGS. Is that because they readily supply the crown & pav. or some other reason?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 5:01:32 PM fire&ice wrote:

Nice picks, Al. I noticed all were AGS. Is that because they readily supply the crown & pav. or some other reason?
----------------

I didn't look for them that way.....that's what came up on a search of pricescope.

I suspect, though, that because these ARE AGS stones, it was easier for the vendors to include the information needed to create a hit on PS. I'd suspect that vendors would have to manually enter Sarin info with the GIA specs in order to get "hit" on a PS search by cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results