shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I get that professionally cleaned look for my diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a problem cleaning the diamond, its just in the drying. I had a professional jeweler clean my ring and they used their high pressure steam cleaning machine that left my stone spotless. But, I don't want to trek back and forth for that same look. I have a branson 200 ultrasonic that I have used. I have also used other methods to clean as well...the connoiseur's cleaning stuff, the gemcare solution, the sudsy ammonia all with a soft toothbrush. I don't have any problem with the way that these methods clean, but I don't like the water spots left behind. I have used the compressed air method to dry, the blow dryer, as well as tissue paper, paper towels, jeweler's cloth, etc. The problem is that I can't properly reach between the "swooops and curves" of the Vatche RC and all these methods either leave tiny water spots or lints on the pavillion that make my stone look "dusty" and cloudy from the top. I have read where some people are using their capuccino maker's steamer/frother to sort of replicate the air pressure/steaming that a jeweler does. Anybody here try that? If so, what brand of capuccino maker do you use? I know I can count on my fellow diamond maniacs to help me out here.
3.gif

I HATE a spotty, dirty stone.
nono.gif
nono.gif
nono.gif

Luv

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
After you are done cleaning and rinsing with water, try dipping it in rubbing alcohol before hitting it with the blow dryer. The alcohol evaporates much quicker with no spots.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a great trick Griffin! I'll have to try that, because I agree that drying is the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results