shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I get on a local news channel?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Help. I still don't have my refund from the ebay seller that sold me this item. It wasn't as describe so I sent it back immediately. And they are being completely &#()$&)#* and have not refunded me -- I thought paypal HELD funds for 30 days? I don't know why is this is (please see below for their last response to me) even possible!!!

"We logged into paypal and attempted to submit the refund. It would not allow us to refund from any source but our us bank fund. we wanted to use our registered card with them and they said we have to add the funds to our paypal account in order to do that which can take 3-5 business days. if you call paypal maybe they will do something different. we explained the situation and that you had returned the ring and they had no other solution. perhaps if you file a paypal complaint right now they can issue you a refund more quickly and we can deal with getting them the balance since they do not seem to appreciate time as much as you or I do. Call them or file a claim asap so we can resolve this. Obviously this is out of our hands if paypal is only allowing us these options."

So as they requested I filed the claim on Paypal. Paypal is waiting for them to respond. Well it they were going to RESPOND they would have!

EBay doesn't care that they have re-listed the item EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T OWN IT because I own it until I get my refund. And since the claim is through paypal they are telling me it's not their problem it's paypals.

I've texted them at the number in the listing and sent them messages via ebay. NOTHING.

Here's the original listing with a three day return policy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320765889609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here's the re-listed item (notice now they aren't offering a return policy? Wonder why that is? Is it because on NO PLANET is that a well cut J OEC? Yeah, that must be it):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-carat-Old-European-Cut-Diamond-lovely-Platinum-Engagement-Wedding-Ring-/320769958434?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&hash=item4aaf612222

I want to call into a local new station and expose both EBay and Paypal for this. "Buyer Protection" is complete crap.

I'm in FREMONT CA, btw.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just talked to ebay's buyer protection. If you file a claim through them they have much better mechanisms for dealing with this crap.

Of course, like an idiot I did what the seller said and filed the claim through paypal who sucks.

Still want to get on the news channel because it is because of ebay's CRAPPY advice that you should work with your seller to resolve problems that I did what they asked and filed through payal. AND NO WHERE ON EBAY does it say that if you file through PAYPAL you are SOL.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
J?! Certainly not. I'd believe Q.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the bad experience Gypsy.

When my mom's former accountant kept her $8k refund, she contacted the local news after trying to get help from the police and others. She really had to 'sell' her story: single mom, raising 3 kids, 2 in college, accountant was wealthy etc. They contacted her right away (and she got her money 2 weeks later!). So if you do really sob it up. The tv can be very helpful!

We also have a segment here called "help me Howard" where people write in questions and "Howard" (an attorney) answers on tv. It's usually a dispute between two people. Maybe you have something similar?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
fiery|1318292223|3037363 said:
Sorry for the bad experience Gypsy.

When my mom's former accountant kept her $8k refund, she contacted the local news after trying to get help from the police and others. She really had to 'sell' her story: single mom, raising 3 kids, 2 in college, accountant was wealthy etc. They contacted her right away (and she got her money 2 weeks later!). So if you do really sob it up. The tv can be very helpful!

We also have a segment here called "help me Howard" where people write in questions and "Howard" (an attorney) answers on tv. It's usually a dispute between two people. Maybe you have something similar?

Thank you Fiery. Sob up a 3,600 jewelry purchase huh? I'll see what I can do. LOL.

I don't know if we have a "Help Me Howard" equivalent but I'll take a look around.

(HUG)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about refund dust? Can I get some? PUHLEASE?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I know you feel panicked about now, but paypal usually does work, but they have time limits for each action. Read their instructions, and read again to make sure you understand what is required of you. You will probably get a return of your money.

I prefer the above solution, but have used my credit card company as well. I can't believe you would have paid them in cash. Make sure that filing one claim doesn't negate the other as in the ebay -paypal thing.

Is the owner a local business? If so call the news TV station and ask if they have a consumer help line. We have one on one of our channel, Call all the TV stations to see if any of them one.

If paypal cannot get the money back for you, they will refund it.

Thats all I know. I have been stuck myself. Good Luck.

Annette

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Annette. That was really helpful.

No, I funded it directly from our bank account to paypal. I thought that since it was paypal it was safe. WRONG.

I'm glad to know that paypal will work, even if it is slow.

It's not a business though, it's a person. If it was a business I would have been on the phone with the BBB or the jewelers association this morning.

THANK YOU so much for your post though. I appreciate it.

((HUGS))

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
That sucks, Gypsy. Sending you refund dust so you can get that new project of yours GOING!!!

:wavey:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sending you refund dust!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1318300183|3037453 said:
That sucks, Gypsy. Sending you refund dust so you can get that new project of yours GOING!!!

:wavey:

Thank you so much susi. I finalized details with Hunt on the setting today. They know about the refund fiasco so everything is 'up and up'... but I can't wait to be able to pick up my stone and get it sent to them. KWIM? Lead time on the setting is 8-12 weeks but the jeweler can only hold "my" OEC for another week.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gypsy I am so sorry to hear about the (lack of) refund...hoping you get refunded soon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bliss and slg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Michael Finney, 7 On Your Side.

Sorry about your experience. The seller isn't answering any questions regarding their listing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1318307909|3037537 said:
Michael Finney, 7 On Your Side.

Sorry about your experience. The seller isn't answering any questions regarding their listing.

Perfect. I will put something together and see how to present it tomorrow. Thank you so much swingirl.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Refund dust, Gypsy!

We ought to get some refund dust in industrial sized containers for Ebay! :errrr:

I bought some expensive used stereo equipment on Ebay and had no problems but that was 10 years ago.

I'm not sure I would do that again. I keep hearing horror stories about Ebay and Paypal (which I didn't use but have since and found it super-complicated and very annoying).

You must get 'your' OEC! This must work out! Dust! Dust! Dust! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1318320758|3037594 said:
Refund dust, Gypsy!

We ought to get some refund dust in industrial sized containers for Ebay! :errrr:

I bought some expensive used stereo equipment on Ebay and had no problems but that was 10 years ago.

I'm not sure I would do that again. I keep hearing horror stories about Ebay and Paypal (which I didn't use but have since and found it super-complicated and very annoying).

You must get 'your' OEC! This must work out! Dust! Dust! Dust! :appl:

Thank you Danny. Your words to the seller's ears. ((HUGS))

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I just had an experience where I had to wait 32 days before receiving a refund from a seller and I received it then only because they issued it. It had not been enough time for Paypal/ebay to do so. In my case, the seller never mailed the item but kept marking it as sent then changing the date of sending it. Paypal/ebay rules are tricky and time consuming. I don't think this warrants contacting the news though because it happens to lots of people. It just takes time. That's why paying with a cc is so much a better idea in the case of ebay.

You probably have to file with ebay for an "item not as stated" and they'll have to take it from there. You'll need to give them the tracking number of the returned item and just take it step by step. It doesn't matter if a seller doesn't have a return policy at all. If the item isn't as stated, you'll get your refund if it's covered by ebays buyer protection. It's only been a short time in ebay land, it only seems like forever when someone has your money.. (mine was 32 days of forever).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
makemepretty|1318327646|3037625 said:
I just had an experience where I had to wait 32 days before receiving a refund from a seller and I received it then only because they issued it. It had not been enough time for Paypal/ebay to do so. In my case, the seller never mailed the item but kept marking it as sent then changing the date of sending it. Paypal/ebay rules are tricky and time consuming. I don't think this warrants contacting the news though because it happens to lots of people. It just takes time. That's why paying with a cc is so much a better idea in the case of ebay.

You probably have to file with ebay for an "item not as stated" and they'll have to take it from there. You'll need to give them the tracking number of the returned item and just take it step by step. It doesn't matter if a seller doesn't have a return policy at all. If the item isn't as stated, you'll get your refund if it's covered by ebays buyer protection. It's only been a short time in ebay land, it only seems like forever when someone has your money.. (mine was 32 days of forever).

I think that's exactly WHY it warrants the news. If it happens to a lot of people why aren't paypal and ebay (and paypal is OWNED by ebay) in synch so that when you file a claim with one BOTH of them take any and ALL action they can. In my case because I filed with paypal ebay won't do anything. Which is ridiculous.

I think it is ESPECIALLY news worthy because it happens to a lot of people! ebay is HUGE BIG MONEY business and they have claims of great buyer protection everywhere. And they own paypal.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Refund Dust!! It is so crazy they won't just refund the money if they have the ring back!! What is wrong with people?!?! :angryfire:

Side question: was there a thread about the ring? I'm really curious about it. Could you tell it wasn't a J right away, or did you send it for an appraisal? It IS a very pretty ring . . . which has nothing to do with the status of your return, of course! All of these recent ebay threads will have me proceeding with much more caution! I think I'll just stick with the low value items!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh this stinks! I am so sorry gypsy! Sending tons of refund dust your way and putting that seller on my "no-no" list.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, do I hate Ebay/Paypal. This is the main reason why. I have filed disputes with Paypal/Ebay and the refund was like INSTANT. So something is shady here.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1318333198|3037651 said:
Refund Dust!! It is so crazy they won't just refund the money if they have the ring back!! What is wrong with people?!?! :angryfire:

Side question: was there a thread about the ring? I'm really curious about it. Could you tell it wasn't a J right away, or did you send it for an appraisal? It IS a very pretty ring . . . which has nothing to do with the status of your return, of course! All of these recent ebay threads will have me proceeding with much more caution! I think I'll just stick with the low value items!!!

I agree! This is my first high value purchase. Usually I'm way below even 500.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/search/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/search/[/URL] Here's the thread honey. ::) And thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Yenny and ame. :wavey:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
No advice but I do hope paypal will go ahead and process the refund sooner rather than later. I nice legal letter to the seller demanding payment might be helpful too??

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, sending lots of refund dust your way! I would be absolutely sick to my stomach over it! It does look like a very pretty ring
though. Such a bummer that the stone was a lower color than stated, because it looks really pretty. Where were the sellers located?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry this happened, but I do believe you will get your refund. One complication is that the seller posted below your feedback that you wanted to settle the deal outside of ebay/paypal! Their lying may complicate things and slow down the process, unfortunately. I assume you have the return receipt and can prove when you returned it and have the listing page showing the return policy, so it really shouldn't be a problem other than you are in a time crunch. I can't blame you for the purchase, though, because they did have good feedback previously. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is horrible; I hope you get your money back soon. sending dust

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. I have no real update but did have some free time on my hands.

If they ask me to reverse the feedback before the refund I think I'm going to respond with this:

"I logged onto ebay and attempted to reverse the feedback. My keyboard and mouse won't allow me to navigate them with my feet however and keep insisting that I use my hands, and I wanted to use my feet. Maybe if you call ASUS they will be able to do something like write a new software program for the keyboard and the mouse or if that fails you can call the pope and see if he will ask God for opposable thumbs on my feet. Obviously though it is out of my hands if the keyboard and mouse will only allow me these options."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo, if it comes to that it won't be a threat. I'll file in small claims court and send them the paper work and a subpoena. ((HUG))

luv2sparkle... they are in San Diego. Ten hours away. And no, if this goes on for more than a month it is NOT too far to drive. LOL. Thanks so much for your support.

Diamondseeker.... yeah. They are just twisting what I said. I said that if they couldn't figure out paypal with their CC I would be willing to work with them to figure out another way to get my refund so they could use their CC, but that I would just prefer it if they just used paypal. Like I would *get angry* because of that. :rolleyes: They are really just amazingly dishonest. I am in awe. Thank you though for the support.

Hi Skippy! Thank you honey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results