shape
carat
color
clarity

How Do I Figure Out THe Cut Grade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
Everyone, I have a GIA certified 3.09 round diamond with no cutlet with the following info:

Catalog
Carat
Color
Clarity
Depth/Table
Pol/Sym
Price
Details

ICEA2216
J
VS2
60.8 / 56
EX / EX
GIA
$28,733.00
Detail

The cert was done in 2005 so the cert does not have the cut grade or angles, and as such, i cant do the HCA test or know the quality of the cut. Can anyone tell me their honest thoughts about this diamond, what the cut may be, and if it is worth getting and will look very nice? Thanks for the help!!

33.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Ask the Vendor for Sarin info. If the Vendor doesn''t have it, they can probably call the Broker for that info. If the Broker doesn''t have it, it''s not a big deal, or expense for the Vendor to have it run.

Once you get that info, you can plug into the HCA.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For $28,700 I''d tell the seller to get the angles.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
I called GIA and they do not have any other information other then what I have posted. I will call the ICESTORE and ask them for the sarin info in order to get a good evaluation. Any thoughts about the diamond or the price or the fact that it is from the icestore? Thanks again!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA Ex/Ex, 60.8/56 ... you''re off to a good start. What is the report #? You should try plugging that into the first link John provided just to see. It just may be listed depending on the time frame it was graded in 2005.

Good luck.

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
The report by GIA was issued in early 2005 and with talking with them directly, they told me they did not take measurements at that time. I guess the only way is to have a sarin test done and go from there. Thanks

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 7:31:00 PM
Author: gunslinger

The report by GIA was issued in early 2005 and with talking with them directly, they told me they did not take measurements at that time. I guess the only way is to have a sarin test done and go from there. Thanks
Bryce,

From GIA: "This service is currently available for every GIA Diamond Grading Report and GIA Diamond Dossier® issued after January 1, 2000."

Have you gone to the link and entered the GIA report number and ct weight? It can't hurt to try (did the vendor provide the actual GIA report number?).

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2007 7:36:50 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Have you gone to the link and entered the GIA report number and ct weight? It can't hurt to try (did the vendor provide the actual GIA report number?).

I did it...no angles.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 8:11:15 PM
Author: JulieN

Date: 3/9/2007 7:36:50 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

I did it...no angles.
Strange Julie. I think I found the correct diamond.
emquestion.gif

Bryce, if this is indeed the one you're considering it's certainly a winner by the numbers. This configuration is predicted to earn the top grade by AGS standards (as well as GIA EX). It will be around 0.9-1.4 on the HCA, depending on rounding.

Gunslinger309.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How utterly strange. Yes, that''s the diamond I''m looking at, too. 14476402

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
John, thanks a million for looking it up! I am going to get this diamond. Do you feel it will look and sparkle nicely and is a good diamond for the price and the fact that I am getting it from the ICESTORE in California any concern? Thanks again!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t have any experience with icestore. have you compared their policies to other vendors? this is particularly beneficial when you have a virtual stone that anyone can get.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard the Icestore''s return policy is not the friendliest, but I have never dealt with them myself. Check old threads and you''ll find out if others have had problems or not.

gunslinger

Rough_Rock
They seem to be in line with the other vendors of this site. I like the fact that they have a 30 day return policy as well. I have checked old threads, but there is not too much out there. For the most part, Ariel at the ICESTORE seems to be ok. I will email him regarding their return policy to ensure is acceptable. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results