shape
carat
color
clarity

How Different Would These Two Look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
I''ve got two front runners but I''m curious how much different these two stones would look. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

J
VS2
Depth=60.8
Table=56
Crown Angle=34.7
Pav Angle=40.9
Culet=none
HCA Score=1.6
HCA Rating=ex/vg/vg/vg
Girdle=med
pol=vg
sym=ex
crown height=15.1
pav depth=43.1
measurements=7.8x4.74

I
VS1
Depth=60
Table=57
Crown Angle=34
Pav Angle=41
Culet=pointed
HCA Score=1.3
HCA Rating=ex/ex/vg/ex
Girdle=med
pol=id
sym=id
crown height=14.4
pav depth=43.2
measurements=7.79-7.85x

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, these are pretty close... There seems to be a psichological barrier between that I and J colors, but I doubt the difference in color between these two is obvious. Otherwise, no difference stands out.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually there is more difference between I and J than there is between D and F.
But you may have a low I and high J
1.gif
or low J and high I
sad.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but what is a customer suposed to do when those diamonds are not going to lay down side-by-side infront of him? Those stones are not all that minuscule after all. However, I wander how huge that difference can be? After all, a recent post here found serious excuses for the gap between D and I: surely this is not that bad!

Did anyone came up with an electronic color code for diamond color grades?

slizatch

Rough_Rock
I think the reason I'm so worried about these stones is because of that recent post about D vs. I. How much of that color do you see once the stone is set? Also does the style of setting help hide any of the color? And a final question...with cuts being so good on both these stones will I see much of this color at all or am I just being paranoid?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
With such great cuts, I-J's will face up plenty white in platinum or w/gold. As Garry noted, one could be a high I (almost H) and the other a low J (almost K) or viceversa, and in this case you'd see a difference, but if they are properly graded, the difference is definitely slight.
1.gif
If price wasn't an issue, I'd gor with the I-color one.
1.gif
But they are both really great and would make an amazing pair of studs.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/15/2003 10:06:27 AM slizatch wrote:

I think the reason I'm so worried about these stones is because of that recent post about D vs. I. How much of that color do you see once the stone is set? Also does the style of setting help hide any of the color? And a final question...with cuts being so good on both these stones will I see much of this color at all or am I just being paranoid?----------------

If the rather small color difference between those two diamonds (the D and I pictures in the above mentioned post) worries you, than I too worry that you will not be automatically enchanted with that J. Can you see those stones? or, if not, can you ses an I and a J in platinum settings anywhere? If you expect diamonds to be a copletely transparent matter with the occasional blueish flash, that you really must see those: a J color just isn't that, I am afraid. Granted, I think gems should have some color there, but it sounds like you want your diamonds white. After all, a return policy could be enough for you to see one diamond at a time and decide. I'd start asking for that J and return it if completely unbearable. I don't know wether the stones are from the same vendor, but, could you ask for at least a picture of a D and I and a J face-down, side-by side, from either seller? it does not sound like much given the value of your purchase... This is just a thought. If you are not all that keen on "blue-white" diamonds as I deliberately exagerate above, than you should be all set with that awesome J stone.

These being said, I can't believe that there isn't a decent line-up of diamond color grades anywhere on Pricescope YET!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd personally go for the better color stone.....the I.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
Ok here's the final piece of the puzzel. I didn't enclose this because I wanted to get opinions based strictly on the numbers. Here are the price differences.

Stone #1 - $7500ish

Stone #2 - $11000ish

Unfortunately these stones are not available for me to see in person unless I did take advantage of the return policy offered, have a look, and if what I choose isn't all I had hoped for return it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you could do better for $11000 with more looking.
drop down to verified eyeclean si1 and either up size or color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results