shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you meet your spouse or SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
After a 4 yr relationship that ended when I told my fiance that I thought he was gay (which he was) and we needed to end things and stay friends...I needed lots of ME time. I dated here and there but wasn''t interested.

My friend was going to Cancun Mexico and invited me. I had 2 days to buy tix and make plans. On my first day in Cancun, we went to Senor Frogs and saw this group of guys. So obvious they were from New York. Last thing I wanted to meet anyone and especially a NYer I''m from NYC and was on vacation. My cocky husband comes up to me, makes a play and I shoot him down. Next night I went to another club and guess who was there? Every night we went to different clubs and each time my husband was at that same club. With all of the clubs in Cancun, what are the chances that 2 groups of ppl would visit the same clubs on the same nights. Well, the last night there I found him pleasantly honest and I like that. We exchanged numbers AS FRIENDS...he called me the day I got back and we''ve been together 17 yrs.

OH the kicker...my friend who I traveled with married one of the guys he was traveling with...they are still together.

what are your stories???

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We were in the same major (and year) in school with about 60 other people. Sophomore year I became good friends with his best friend, so I started hanging out with FI a bit at that time. Junior year our major really came together and bonded, and we all hung out all the time as friends. Senior year even more so, and I spent almost every weekend at FI''s house hanging out (he had 12 other roommates, so there were always people to hang out with there). I dated a guy long distance for half of senior year, and after we broke up FI and I started flirting a bit. It''s all kind of weird since we knew each other for so long and never ever thought of going out. But once we really hit it off, we never looked back! I love that all of our friends are mutual and it make get togethers so much fun.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I met my DH on Yahoo Personals!

I had broke up with my longtime BF early in my sophomore year of college and so I started dating a bit here and there. Went out with a few cool guys, and also a few duds. My MOM suggested I put up a profile just to see what happens and my DH was one of the first to reply. We talked via email, then over the phone and then decided to meet in person a few months later. We never exchanged any pictures so we had no clue what the other looked like. We met and just clicked and have been together ever since - 7 years later (married almost 4). We recently had our first child together, a son named James. There are pics of us on the mommies thread.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:19:27 AM
Author: elrohwen
We were in the same major (and year) in school with about 60 other people. Sophomore year I became good friends with his best friend, so I started hanging out with FI a bit at that time. Junior year our major really came together and bonded, and we all hung out all the time as friends. Senior year even more so, and I spent almost every weekend at FI''s house hanging out (he had 12 other roommates, so there were always people to hang out with there). I dated a guy long distance for half of senior year, and after we broke up FI and I started flirting a bit. It''s all kind of weird since we knew each other for so long and never ever thought of going out. But once we really hit it off, we never looked back! I love that all of our friends are mutual and it make get togethers so much fun.

that is nice that your friends are mutual. Your wedding will be one great party! It''s nice that you really know each other well since you were friends for so long.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
match.com!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:20:07 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I met my DH on Yahoo Personals!

I had broke up with my longtime BF early in my sophomore year of college and so I started dating a bit here and there. Went out with a few cool guys, and also a few duds. My MOM suggested I put up a profile just to see what happens and my DH was one of the first to reply. We talked via email, then over the phone and then decided to meet in person a few months later. We never exchanged any pictures so we had no clue what the other looked like. We met and just clicked and have been together ever since - 7 years later (married almost 4). We recently had our first child together, a son named James. There are pics of us on the mommies thread.

nice story! Congrats on your son James! James is my son''s middle name (Noah James). I really like that you both didn''t exchange pics...you really got to know each other via your correspondence. Very cool.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I met my hubby at a local bar. I was there with my now bf at the time, and he was there with a co-worker who just found out his wife was cheating on him. My bf ditched me to go hang out with some friends and they invited me to play the winner of the drunk ping-pong game (the bar had a ping pong table). I found out that he lived close to me and he gave me his apt # and we exchanged #''s as friends. Well, he realized he gave me the wrong apt# and so he text me the next day with the right one bc he didnt want me thinking he did it on purpose! Needless to say...the relationship lasted only about a month longer and I waited a few months to get myself together (messy break-up) and my now hubby was there thoughout it all.

We''ve been together ever since!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:22:10 AM
Author: InLuv101
match.com!

wow that places really works! Nice... I have a friend who''s debating trying Match.com and or Eharmony. I told her try it...what could it hurt

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
We met through a mutual friend at a Halloween party. We had met once previously, but I was dating someone else. When we met again several years later, we started dating.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:21:17 AM
Author: atroop711

that is nice that your friends are mutual. Your wedding will be one great party! It''s nice that you really know each other well since you were friends for so long.
Haha, our wedding will be one big party. I can''t wait! 3 out of 4 members of our wedding party will even be our best friends from our major in college.

And I love the story of how you met your hubby! I think there are lots of stories where the couple doesn''t quite like each other at first (or even downright hate each other), but after another meeting or two they''re smitten. Funny how that works.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:24:15 AM
Author: redrose229
I met my hubby at a local bar. I was there with my now bf at the time, and he was there with a co-worker who just found out his wife was cheating on him. My bf ditched me to go hang out with some friends and they invited me to play the winner of the drunk ping-pong game (the bar had a ping pong table). I found out that he lived close to me and he gave me his apt # and we exchanged #''s as friends. Well, he realized he gave me the wrong apt# and so he text me the next day with the right one bc he didnt want me thinking he did it on purpose! Needless to say...the relationship lasted only about a month longer and I waited a few months to get myself together (messy break-up) and my now hubby was there thoughout it all.

We''ve been together ever since!

nice story!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I crashed his birthday party. My roommate was dating one of his friends, and she brought me along to the backyard BBQ/kegger he was having. She then said "birthday boy is the one in the blue tshirt" and disappeared with her boyfriend, leaving me stranded at a party where I didn''t know anyone. I said "happy birthday" to about 15 (wrong) guys in blue tshirts before I ran into B, at which point I said "yeah, so who are you?" We had a laugh about it, and we''ve been together ever since.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:26:00 AM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 4/17/2009 10:21:17 AM

Author: atroop711

Haha, our wedding will be one big party. I can''t wait! 3 out of 4 members of our wedding party will even be our best friends from our major in college.

And I love the story of how you met your hubby! I think there are lots of stories where the couple doesn''t quite like each other at first (or even downright hate each other), but after another meeting or two they''re smitten. Funny how that works.

yes you are right. I''m glad that I gave my husband a chance to sit with me on my last day of my trip...if not god knows if I would have ever met up with him in NY

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
We were college freshmen together. I was waiting for a friend to get ready and casually browsed through the register with everyone''s photos. I thought he was really cute... turns out he lived down the hall in my freshman dorm. The rest is history.
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:27:07 AM
Author: misskitty
I crashed his birthday party. My roommate was dating one of his friends, and she brought me along to the backyard BBQ/kegger he was having. She then said ''birthday boy is the one in the blue tshirt'' and disappeared with her boyfriend, leaving me stranded at a party where I didn''t know anyone. I said ''happy birthday'' to about 15 (wrong) guys in blue tshirts before I ran into B, at which point I said ''yeah, so who are you?'' We had a laugh about it, and we''ve been together ever since.

that''s so funny...I could imagine you going around to guys with blue shirts saying Happy Bday?? LOL

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
At work. We worked together for 4 weeks, but barely knew more than each other''s names because we were so busy and focused on our jobs. What I did know was how he treated everyone he worked with - collegues, patients and their families, his bosses, nurses, everyone. When he wasn''t trying to impress me I got to see his character in varied, stressful situations.

3 1/2 months after we stopped working together, we were engaged!! Married 11 years next week. Love him even more now.
21.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
It took a few months between meeting & exchanging introductions @ a few parties, then going out for drinks when my sister broke up with her boyfriend @ the time. Did drinks, hung out, went to a concert all with a group of friends. Finally had our first date on his birthday. We''ll be getting married in October :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
We had both been divorced for awhile and coming out of post-divorce relationships. We met a singles dance and that was it! We started dating and decided to make the relationship exclusive from the beginning. We celebrated our 13th anniversary this past October
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:33:11 AM
Author: ahappygirl
At work. We worked together for 4 weeks, but barely knew more than each other''s names because we were so busy and focused on our jobs. What I did know was how he treated everyone he worked with - collegues, patients and their families, his bosses, nurses, everyone. When he wasn''t trying to impress me I got to see his character in varied, stressful situations.

3 1/2 months after we stopped working together, we were engaged!! Married 11 years next week. Love him even more now.
21.gif

congrats on your anniversary!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:36:45 AM
Author: risingsun
We had both been divorced for awhile and coming out of post-divorce relationships. We met a singles dance and that was it! We started dating and decided to make the relationship exclusive from the beginning. We celebrated our 13th anniversary this past October
30.gif

nice story and congratulations on your 13 yrs.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was dating one of his best friends. We (FI and I) met at a get together I had in my house. He was there to meet my roommate so we can do the whole double-date thing.

Turns out he had other plans...
27.gif

We celebrated our 7 year anniversary a week ago
31.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
JDate!!! But it was a small world because we lived 4 blocks from one another it turned out...I think we would have met eventually.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
E and I met at work (a catering company) and would wind up working saturdays together. I thought he was cute, but he had a girlfriend. so after two years of working together, and breaking up with our respective others, we finally started dating about 2 1/2 years ago :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Sounds very cliché but we were set up by a mutual friend.
emsmile.gif

She pestered him for about 6 months to meet me and finally one day he gave in, the three of us went to a local winery that was having a jazz festival, we sat on the lawn and promptly polished off a couple bottles of wine (nervous anyone?) listened to music and chatted, (not to each other though until about the second bottle of wine
emteeth.gif
)

We saw each other every day after that, and on the 5th day, he told me that he thought he was falling in love with me.

We have been together for nearly 2 and half years now, living together for one, engaged for 2 months and getting married on the 13th of March next year.

For the first time in my life, i finally feel like i belong somewhere, and that is with him.
emlove.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Here''s how we met....

Date: December 21, 1997
Time: ~11pm
Place: CSS'' Xmas dance @ Westin Hotel

My recollection:

I arrived at Westin @ 9pm and I discovered that I left my photo I.D. at home. So I had no choice but to wait for my friend (C) to show up since she knew some people who volunteered at CSS and they can get us inside the dance without I.D. As time gone by, I was getting frustrated because my dad was gonna pick me up at midnight!! So, when she walked in the lobby of Westin @ 11pm, I was so upset that I screamed and yelled at her right at the lobby (I don''t remember if I swore or not..) because she showed up one hour before I have to leave!!

As I yelled at her continously, I noticed there''s this skinny Asian guy (who wore a chocolate brown Le Chateau velvet button shirt, spiked his hair like porcupine) stood behind my friend... I didn''t pay much attention to him and continued yelling and complaining to her. She kept on apologizing and she got us in to the dance right away so that I can have some fun before my dad pick me up...

Later on that night, while we took a rest in the hallway from dancing, the spiky hair guy introduced himself to me as "V" and he asked for my name. I politely answered him. Next thing I knew, he drag a big, heavy wooden chair all the way from one end of the hallway to me and ask me to have a seat... At that moment, I was impressed but thought he was too skinny for a guy..

At midnight, as I walked towards the entrance of the hotel to get on to my dad''s truck, he shouted to me across the lobby and ask for my phone number. I ignored him and left. Yet, one of my other friend who stayed at the dance gave my phone number to him. And the rest is history!~!

p.s. According to V, it was luv at first sight for him... @_@

V''s recollection:

I was the only person who owned a car at that time so on that night, I had to go pick up my friend around 10pm and drove him to pick up C to the dance. As I walked into Westin''s lobby, I saw this tall, skinny Asian chick (who wore a white-striped black dress and looked like a zebra) kept on yapping at C for a long long time. At that moment, I thought "this chick talks too much or she''s really out-going".

Later on that night, while we took a rest in the hallway from dancing, I asked the zebra chick her name and as soon as she replied, I drag a big, huge chair to let her sit down because I thought she must be tired from dancing and yapping.

At midnight, as she walked towards the entrance of the hotel to get on to her dad''s truck, I shouted to her and ask for her phone number. She ignored me and left. Luckily, one of her other friend stayed at the dance and gave me her phone number. And the rest is history!~!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
We met through mutual friends when I was 19, he was 18. We were close friends for about 6 or 7 years before we ever started dating, but we had been in love each other for a few years before that. Fate!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I met my hubby at work; I was a student intern in college and he was 28 and I was 21. hehe
9.gif
I thought he was pretty cute; the only problem was he had a girlfriend of 5 years.
3.gif
I then became the new girlfriend.
2.gif
We have been together 12 yrs now (9 yrs of marriage).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
My DH and my last ex were in the same fraternity in college. My ex introduced me to my now-DH, and we became friends. Ex and I had a reasonably amicable breakup (though I''m sure it didn''t seem so at the time). I didn''t want to date anyone for a while after that, but DH just started showing up and was a wonderful, supportive friend.

6 weeks later, with the help of a bottle of wine, we confessed our feelings for each other. We''ve been together a little over 6 years, and will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary in July
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, the summer before my junior year of college I took a summer job working with my best friend for a marketing company. I had broken up with my one and only boyfriend of 6 years
6.gif
the year before and I just wanted to have fun going out with friends.....This job was so much fun, we traveled all around the US doing marketing promotions for some big name companies at things like football games, All Star games, playoff games, etc. and my hubby happened to be the lead person on our team. We clicked right away and both had this overwhelming feeling like we had known each other and had been friends for years. You really get to know someone well on 12+ hour road trips across the country! I left after that summer to go back to school and he got a different job that kept him in one place and we got engaged right after I graduated college!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband was one of four contractors who came to my house to give me an estimate for work I needed done.
That was sixteen and a half years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results