shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you meet your SO?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone who is sharing here. Really enjoying reading the backstory on everyone's love story. And putting faces to the people too!

Love your story BlackProphet and Moneymeister. Thank you for sharing.

Packrat, I LOVE your photos. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful family! :appl:

Dancing Fire, how sweet you both are in those pics. Love the cars too.

LilMisfit, your dh looks like one of our very dear friends. And I love your hair! I want that color now too. Looks beautiful on you.

Scandinavian, you know I love your story. Thank you for sharing it here.

MayK, you guys are beautiful on the inside and out and your warmth comes through clearly.

Jordy, you and your wife are very good looking and so young. Thank you for sharing your pics!

Rubybeth, you guys are attractive and yes your dh is HOT. Hope you don't mind me saying so. :halo:

Laila, diamondrnglover, ame, NEL, Haven, Monnie, liaerfbv, GCGDanielle, Queenie, puppmom, wildcat, Jimmianne, Kenny, GK2, jaysonsmom, kmarla, ROL, december-fire, Marcy, and everyone thank you all for sharing your love stories!

Would love to hear and see some more stories. :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another great thread missy! I love hearing people’s love stories, and about how they met.

How did you meet your SO?
At a bar/club. Exactly where I said I would not have met my husband, should I ever get married. The man knew how to (swing) dance!

Was it love at first sight?
I knew within hours that I'd met someone who was going to be important in my life. Looking back, I could say it was love at first sight, but I still had to get to know him first. He told his friends the day after we met that he thought he’d just met the girl he was going to marry.

When did you know it was for real?
I think around three months he said "You know those three little words?" Me: "What? You mean I love yo-?" Him, interrupting: "I love you too!!" :) Around eight months, I think, I sensed he and I were thinking the same thing so I sent him an email suggesting that just in case he might like to know, I like platinum and square diamonds. Looking back and at how young we were (by today's standards anyway), things moved fairly quickly for us. But we were just always on the same page, and we had the same timing in life. It felt right from that first night and has kept moving forward since.

What ways did your SO show he/she was a keeper? And vice versa.
Just by being who he is. He’s selfless, funny, smart, kind, values family, loyal, is fun with kids, no pretenses, stable… we could laugh at anything together, we had the same values and goals, and we enjoyed the same activities from the simple to the extravagant. We often say that ‘everyone is weird, and we are each other’s kind of weird’.

What almost (if anything) broke you up?
A previous gf wanted a second chance with him, and he was momentarily (I’m talking like two days) confused. They had dated for almost a year and we'd only been seeing each other for about a month. I learned later that that we met the weekend after they broke up, which didn't help matters at the time. Apparently she wasn’t very good to him when they were together, though, and he quickly realized I was the one he was afraid of losing.

What made you realize this was forever or at least forever right now?
I think the first time he made me laugh at myself… when I was being a cranky witch. He didn’t just laugh *at* me, he somehow got *me* to laugh at my own inanity. Knowing he could handle me at my worst was awesome. And knowing he could help lighten me up… priceless!

A funny side story: many years into our marriage friends asked us how we met. Usually I tell the story, but this time he decided to tell it. He started by saying "This cute girl gave me the eye from across the dance floor...." :shock: I questioned the heck out of him and sure enough, he really did approach me because he thought I'd given him the eye. Besides having zero flirting skills whatsoever, I am near-sighted and wasn’t wearing my glasses that night… I couldn’t have even seen him, let alone given him the eye!! If that isn’t kismet at work, I don’t know what is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA, I love your story Rainydaze! So funny he thought you were making eyes at him and flirting when you didn't even see him. It was meant to be! :love: :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
These stories are so much fun and moving. So many handsome/beautiful couples. You could sell picture frames.

Ladies, thank you for the kind comments on the story.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I love hearing all these stories! :love: I finally asked my DH when he knew I was the one, since I didn't answer that part of the question in my previous reply, and he said "When I realized that you worked for a living, took care of your own business and you weren't dependent on anybody. And you had your own ideas and goals". See, when we met he was 20, living away from home for the first time and I was 27, and had already established myself as an independent woman. His previous girlfriend was very young and very needy/dependent. To know that he saw that in me and loved and appreciated it makes me love him even more! He's always been my rock and my biggest supporter when it comes to making my goals/dreams come true. And I wouldn't trade him for the world! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results